OT: IPOD App with balance/pan

• Members

This topic isn't within the usual realm of this forum, but I didn't get much info when I posted it in the computer/hardware forum, and I'm thinking that a lot of live sound experts here might know about these gadgets.

Thanks in advance for any info...

Does anyone know of any apps available that would provide balance/pan controls for an ipod while playing back tunes?

I've searched the itunes store without success.

Thanks.

• Members

You might need to connect the iPod to other hardware to do this. There are lots of options available and some of them can help protect the iPod from extraneous noise and being fried by inadvertent phantom power (if you use a 1/8" to XLR "Y" cable).

• Members

Thanks; I think you're right that I'll be limited to external hardware options. Was hoping for a downloadable app, but since I haven't been able to find anything remotely close to what I'm looking for among a universe of zillions of apps, I'll go with your suggestion.

Appreciate the help.

• Members

I know what you mean, Craig. It is a bit maddening that Steve Jobs hypes these products as the next best thing in high-tech wizardry, yet he won't let me adjust balance or even give me separate bass and treble controls--only "presets" for "rock," "jazz," "pop," etc. I think its part of the common complaint that the more technologically advanced our gizmos get, the worse they are.

But I'll still search for that app...

• 3 years later...

Archived