It's Sad, Really

zoink

• Members

I've been reading and posting at Gearslutz lately (past couple of months), but still somehow miss and prefer HC.  I've also noticed a few familiar names from HC that have migrated over, though I changed my handle. 

Not to beat a dead horse, but it's too bad they killed this forum. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Used to live it hear but the place just completely died. I'd like to participate more. But I check it about once a month and the threads I've commented on haven't received a reply. In fact, I predict that I kill this thread by replying.

Also, I've got so much gear by now and lesser and lesser time to use it, that I just can't talk about Rhodes and moogs anymore. I have everything and don't know anything about the new stuff and have no interest. Also don't want to advise guitar players on what's the best keyboard for Pink Floyd sounds for under 100 bucks.

• Members

Not to beat a dead horse' date=' but it's too bad they killed this forum. 

[/quote']You aren't beating a dead horse. When I first read your post I thought you were. I thought, "Things are picking up again. We should be optimistic." My perspective changed this week. THEY seem determined to keep beating the (nearly) dead horse.

• Members
You aren't beating a dead horse. When I first read your post I thought you were. I thought' date=' "Things are picking up again. We should be optimistic." My perspective changed this week. THEY seem determined to keep beating the (nearly) dead horse.[/quote']But - it's a new and improved dead horse ;) .

• Members

Now that I've had time to poke around I am very glad of this change. This is a much better interface. It just feels right. The response is really sluggish right now (it is hard to even post this) but I'm certain that will subside once the database is finished and the upgrade is complete.

• Members

I think this place will get back to being great again. Gearslutz threads always turn into flame wars, and its hard to get reliable info. I trust peoples opinions on here a lot more still. Now that the forums are more elegant (i think so anyway) hopefully we can inject some energy back into the old place! But yes its VERY slow right now.

Archived