Yamaha CP50 Stage Piano - Now with Conclusions

Anderton

• Members

HELLO FROM MADRID, SPAIN.
Thank you so much for your amazing explaination about the CP 50. Believe me in Madrid we don´t have so many stores and there, they are not of great help as they keep refering to the official website...wich BTW is o bad...
Your blog is much more useful than the instructions book.

Sorry to bother with such a basic thing.. Now I know how to layer voices and choose different sounds but when it comes to store it, I just don´t know how to save it in my user´s sound files.... And how can you save a sound in a user list of sounds? believe me, it´s taking me so long...

thanks again for everything..

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 5 weeks later...
  • Members

Craig:

These reviews, as always, have been extremely useful. When asked to select a new keyboard to use in my new position teaching music in a private elementary school, I finally chose the CP50 partly on the basis of your review. I've been using it for just over a month now and have discovered, as have others, that it does take a while to get comfortable with the CP50, but that it's worth the time, effort, and patience. I do like the feel and response - it is definitely a step up from the RD700. I would certainly consider buying one to replace my aging RD700 for gigs.

I certainly did not find the controls intuitive at first, and I had to discover some not-so-obvious things by accident, but as time has passed, the flow has become natural. Yamaha certainly designed this as a stage piano, and definitely with performance in mind. Get past the learning curve and it's a great DP!

• 3 months later...
  • 10 months later...
  • Members

Hi Everybody,
I'm new here and really appreciate what I've learned about my CP-50 so far. Can anyone tell me how to get the drum track going at the same time I play back a recorded bass track with my left hand on a split keyboard? I can either get the bass to play, or the drums to play, but I can't get them both at once. I love the sound of the CP-50, but for me, learning it's operations is like solving a riddle locked in a mystery (as someone else noted). Thanks for any help you have!
K

• Members

Hi Phil,
Could you possibly explain how to get the Preset drum Phrases to play along with a recorded performance again-I have the USB stick in and did not hear the drums when I played back. All I want to do (I play jazz), is pre-record a bass track and drum track and then play live piano on top. Is that possible? How? Thanks so much

• 4 months later...
  • Members

Hi! Nice thread! Im about to get a cp50, so thanks to the forum for the useful info!

I would like to know if the wav´s on the usb stick can be triggered instantly to fit live performance (eg. for playing percussion FX´s along with a band) or if they take a little (unpredictable) while to load.

Thanks!

• 3 months later...
  • Members

Hello.

I have seen this post and it's very interesting, but, at the beginning, Phil has posted several audio files. How can I download them?

Does the Yamaha CP50 has metronome? or just when you record? and talkng about recording...you can record an audio file to a USB or MIDI to a PC, but, can't you store first your song in a internal memory and export it to wav or midi?

Thank you very much.

Archived