DigiTech iPB-10 Programmable Pedalboard

Anderton

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Quote Originally Posted by ALuomala View Post
Note: Is anyone else having difficulties with this forum/site??? I can't do a direct quote (have to do it manually in "Quick Reply" and it takes forevvvvvver to load pages in this forum sometimes). I am using both FF and Chrome, and neither one seems to be any faster/better for this forum.
Yes! The Harmony Central forum is notorious for delays and time-outs. I imagine it's hard for the servers to keep up with the significant amount of traffic here. Or something... wink.gif

Quote Originally Posted by MediaMan09 View Post
Shared Preset Update
PatchID 148 - Artist(a): POLICE / Song(s): Message in a Bottle (shared by: ALuomala)
PatchID 149 - Artist(a): RANDY RHOADS / Song(s): Believer, I Don't Know (shared by: CanJam)
PatchID 150 - Artist(a): SCORPIONS / Song(s): Rock You Like a Hurricane (shared by: CanJam)
PatchID 151 - Artist(a): AC DC / Song(s): Highway to Hell (shared by: drewbrothers)
PatchID 152 - Artist(a): RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE / Song(s): Killing In The Name Of (shared by: drewbrothers)
Nice - thanks! I'll be checking out Scorpions and AC/DC this weekend. May have to learn Killing In The Name Of now!

I love this little community here. Great job folks.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by DigiTechRep

View Post

Time and priority.

Is fixing the iPad1 crash still on the list? I hope it will bubble to the top soon since it has been about a year it was first reported and 2 updates have come and go with no resolution yet. Please can we have a fix for this issue? Thank you!

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by DigiTechRep

View Post

I'll call out the Fuzzy specifically since it is the one that I slaved over in the iStomp. If you compare the Fuzzy in the iPB-10 to the Fuzzy in the iStomp, they sound pretty different. Also the nuance and quality of the Lexicon reverb in the iStomp is simply not possible in the iPB-10, that algo is huge. However, I'm not going to pretend that this difference is some sort of earth-shattering revelation from the Mount of Tone, it is pretty subtle.

This would seem to imply that your duties at DT at times bleed into software engineering?

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by mck View Post
Is fixing the iPad1 crash still on the list? I hope it will bubble to the top soon since it has been about a year it was first reported and 2 updates have come and go with no resolution yet. Please can we have a fix for this issue? Thank you!
There were iPad 1 crash issues fixed in the February update, per post 243.

Is there a new set of issues? I don't own an iPad 1, but may buy one to dedicate to the ipb if no other "companion" products ever come to market.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by MediaMan09 View Post
There were iPad 1 crash issues fixed in the February update, per post 243.

Is there a new set of issues? I don't own an iPad 1, but may buy one to dedicate to the ipb if no other "companion" products ever come to market.
The February update did not fix the problem completely. Nor did the October update... I can still consistently and predictably make IPB-Nexus crash on my iPad1. Seems like this issue has fallen off the priority list.

Just as you point out, it makes a lot of sense to dedicate an iPad 1 to the ipb-10 now that there are many iPad 2 & 3s in circulation driving the cost of used but good iPad1s further and further down. So IMHO, it is imperative for DigiTech to fix this issue rather than ignore it.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by mck View Post
The February update did not fix the problem completely. Nor did the October update... I can still consistently and predictably make IPB-Nexus crash on my iPad1. Seems like this issue has fallen off the priority list.

Just as you point out, it makes a lot of sense to dedicate an iPad 1 to the ipb-10 now that there are many iPad 2 & 3s in circulation driving the cost of used but good iPad1s further and further down. So IMHO, it is imperative for DigiTech to fix this issue rather than ignore it.
Yes, my iPad 1 is still crashing as well.

Also add to wish list :
3rd party IR Loading
Bluetooth enable ipb10 ( not sure if there may be a way to rig an existing ipb10 ) idea.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by mck

View Post

... I can still consistently and predictably make IPB-Nexus crash on my iPad1. Seems like this issue has fallen off the priority list. .....

just curious, what's the sequence to making it crash ? Is it something that you run into every time you use Nexus for routine functions?

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by MediaMan09

View Post

just curious, what's the sequence to making it crash ? Is it something that you run into every time you use Nexus for routine functions?

All I do is change from patch to patch taking in the tones. Switch, play a chord, switch, play a chord switch etc. After about 10 to 15 changes crash comes. When I play with couple patches back and forth the same thing happens. It seems to be a memory management issue based on the crash report.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by mck

View Post

All I do is change from patch to patch taking in the tones. Switch, play a chord, switch, play a chord switch etc. After about 10 to 15 changes crash comes. When I play with couple patches back and forth the same thing happens. It seems to be a memory management issue based on the crash report.

We were able to replicate mck's crash after the first release, in the first update the issue was fixed and we have been unable to replicate it since. I have repeatedly asked mck to turn on reporting with Apple so that we can track his crash, since those requests we have not seen a single report about this crash. Until mck turns on reporting and we get a crash report, this bug remains closed.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by DigiTechRep View Post
We were able to replicate mck's crash after the first release, in the first update the issue was fixed and we have been unable to replicate it since. I have repeatedly asked mck to turn on reporting with Apple so that we can track his crash, since those requests we have not seen a single report about this crash. Until mck turns on reporting and we get a crash report, this bug remains closed.
Tom, how do I turn on reporting. I know I can google it, but I am out and about right now. I am experiencing crashes
Thanks
Jerry

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by jerryratpack View Post
Tom, how do I turn on reporting. I know I can google it, but I am out and about right now. I am experiencing crashes
Thanks
Jerry
It's in the iPad preferences:

Settings > General > Usage > Diagnostics

This is an important step in the bug fixing process, this tells us exactly how the crash occurred.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by jerryratpack
Bluetooth enable ipb10 ( not sure if there may be a way to rig an existing ipb10 )
This was something I had thought about as well. They probably can't add bluetooth to the iPB-10 directly, but they can definitely use it through the iPad when iPad is inserted.

Some interesting things:

- Stream audio from the iPB-10 to a BlueTooth audio receiver

- Control the iPB-10 from another iOS device: pair the iPad with your iPhone and use a "Nexus Remote" app to control various pedalboard parameters wirelessly via your phone

- Share patches directly with other iPads wirelessly

A "Nexus Remote" app would be really interesting because that can be considered a separate input, expression pedal, toggle pedal, mixer, etc...

Just brainstorming...

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by DigiTechRep View Post
Thanks for your continued efforts. I have error reporting turned on. You should be getting these errors. If not I can always copy/paste from Diagnostics / Usage screen in the iPad and post or email them to whoever that needs to get them. They are rather lengthy diagnostic logs so I don't want to take too much space with them on this valuable platform.

On a related note though, at least another member confirmed similar crashes. Can't believe out of all your iPad1 based ipb-10 users none of them had error reporting turned on. Mine have been on for a while. Perhaps you need to verify that the error reports are reaching you. Just a hunch.

Here is one such error report. I will post one and no more out of concern for others. Let me know where I can email others. Thx

Incident Identifier: 2A9C48A7-7F43-4CC6-AA9F-1ACEE091BC38
CrashReporter Key: * Blanked key
Hardware Model: * * *iPad1,1
OS Version: * * * * *iPhone OS 5.1.1 (9B206)
Kernel Version: * * *Darwin Kernel Version 11.0.0: Sun Apr *8 21:51:26 PDT 2012; root:xnu-1878.11.10~1/RELEASE_ARM_S5L8930X
Date: * * * * * * * *2012-10-20 17:51:52 -0700
Time since snapshot: 44 ms

Free pages: * * * *564
Active pages: * * *531
Inactive pages: * *1804
Throttled pages: * 43138
Purgeable pages: * 0
Wired pages: * * * 16769
Largest process: * iPB-Nexus

Processes
* * * * *Name * * * * * * * * UUID * * * * * * * * * *Count resident pages
* * * * sandboxd * * 133
* * * * * *amfid * * 116
* * * *iPB-Nexus * 30386 (jettisoned) (active)
* * * Music~ipad * * 785 (jettisoned)
* * *Preferences * *1059 (jettisoned)
* * * * * * *ubd * * 517
* * *dataaccessd * *1137
* *syncdefaultsd * * 311
* * * librariand * * 211
* * * aosnotifyd * * 376
* *absinthed.K48 * * *89
* * * MobileMail * * 913 (jettisoned)
* * * * * * apsd * * 222
* * *SpringBoard * 15343 (active)
* * * * *notifyd * * 164
* * * * BTServer * * 337
CommCenterClassi * * 278
* * * aggregated * * 304
* * * * *configd * * 275
* *fairplayd.K48 * * 127
* * * *fseventsd * * 132
* * * * * * iapd * * 333
* * * * *imagent * * 484
* * * *locationd * * 581
* *mDNSResponder * * 189
* * mediaremoted * * 190
* * mediaserverd * * 475
* * * *lockdownd * * 305
* * * * * powerd * * 126
* * * * *syslogd * * *81
* * * * * *wifid * * 252
* UserEventAgent * * 313
* * * * *launchd * * *93

**End**

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Reposed Roller View Post
This was something I had thought about as well. They probably can't add bluetooth to the iPB-10 directly, but they can definitely use it through the iPad when iPad is inserted.

Some interesting things:

- Control the iPB-10 from another iOS device: pair the iPad with your iPhone and use a "Nexus Remote" app to control various pedalboard parameters wirelessly via your phone

A "Nexus Remote" app would be really interesting because that can be considered a separate input, expression pedal, toggle pedal, mixer, etc...

Just brainstorming...
I've wondered about using Bluetooth for audio with several apps, but I think that if you're using the 30 pin connector, you can't split the transmit and receive of the audio to allow sending via Bluetooth while the iPad receives audio through to 30 pin connector. Granted that in the Nexus app, I don't believe that audio is ever being sent or received, so it would be interesting to see what Bluetooth might bring to the table. In many other apps, you are sending audio via the 30 pin, so processing that and flipping it back out over Bluetooth seems to be mutually exclusive...anyone know anything contrary to that? I'd love to hear that that limitation doesn't exist, but that seems to be the case, based on what I've seen.

But back to the ipb-10...I think that sending audio and/or patches via Bluetooth or allowing management via Bluetooth would all be great adds.

• Members

TOM: Here is my crash results from yesterday? Edit: I just realized I had a total of four crashes yesterday, but my report function was not active. Would it be better to send these directly to digitech?

Incident Identifier: CDBFB080-4D07-4271-AD57-F7C779C1E47E
CrashReporter Key: * 8e985cd93119dc3e09ac661635c5639442b87341
Hardware Model: * * *iPad1,1
OS Version: * * * * *iPhone OS 5.1.1 (9B206)
Kernel Version: * * *Darwin Kernel Version 11.0.0: Sun Apr *8 21:51:26 PDT 2012; root:xnu-1878.11.10~1/RELEASE_ARM_S5L8930X
Date: * * * * * * * *2012-10-20 20:26:36 -0400
Time since snapshot: 1969 ms

Free pages: * * * *688
Active pages: * * *570
Inactive pages: * *1206
Throttled pages: * 49420
Purgeable pages: * 0
Wired pages: * * * 10834
Largest process: * iPB-Nexus

Processes
* * * * *Name * * * * * * * * UUID * * * * * * * * * *Count resident pages
* * * * *keybagd * * *98
* * * * profiled * * 333 (jettisoned)
* * * * SCHelper * * 118
* * *Preferences * *2234 (jettisoned)
* * * *iPB-Nexus * 30506 (jettisoned) (active)
* * * MobileMail * * 889 (jettisoned)
* * * Music~ipad * *1421 (jettisoned)
* * * * *notifyd * * 176
* * * aosnotifyd * * 269
* * * * BTServer * * 210
CommCenterClassi * * 390
* * *SpringBoard * 14548 (active)
* * * aggregated * * 309
* * * * * * apsd * * 254
* * * * *configd * * 366
* * *dataaccessd * * 570 (jettisoned)
* *fairplayd.K48 * * 151
* * * *fseventsd * * 226
* * * * * * iapd * * 322 (jettisoned)
* * * * *imagent * * 333
* * * *locationd * * 523
* *mDNSResponder * * 184
* * mediaremoted * * 211
* * mediaserverd * * 633 (jettisoned)
* * * *lockdownd * * 216
* * * * * powerd * * 131
* * * * *syslogd * * *86
* * * * * *wifid * * 263
* UserEventAgent * * 331
* * * * *launchd * * *98

**End**

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Reposed Roller View Post

Some interesting things:

Just brainstorming...
Great ideas ! It will be interesting to see how the ipb evolves ....

What do you guys think about IR LOADING from 3 rd party ( like own hammer and redwirez) . It seems to be the shape of things to come so to speak. If you are using frfr or monitors at home, it has the potential of really shaping the sound... I use it with another modeler and depending on the set up, it can really give other tone options so to speak. It seems the IR's being worked on now are next generation in a sense.

Archived