How many pedals do you own and how many fit on your pedalboard?

Jkater

• Members

I just got into pedalboard (as opposed to multifx as I had been doing til now) and I find myself wanting more pedals than my PB could possibly fit.

So I'm curious about what you guys and gals have/own/ use and how you rotate if you do.

Just talk about it and show pics!!!!

• Members

I can fit about a dozen pedals on my board but I have a lot more than that. Like..a lot. I put different things on the board for different purposes though. Like if i am going to play live it's a bit different than for a recording setup and when recording things get swapped out constantly. Also if i am going to play stereo it changes as well. Sometimes space is a factor, too, if there are a lot of people on stage, so I will sometimes also just grab a few pedals and go.

• Members

Jkater wrote:

I just got into pedalboard (as opposed to multifx as I had been doing til now) and I find myself wanting more pedals than my PB could possibly fit.

Run for the hills while there's still time. :smileylol:

I've had my eye on a pedal that I'm saving my lunch money for, and I keep telling myself it's gonna be the last, at least for a while. Until I saw this little tuner pedal today. Had to have it. It's really a sickness, haha.

For real though, it gets addictive. Last time I counted was around 50 or so. When it gets out of hand you'll find yourself building 2nd and 3rd boards. I currently have 4, and might build one more for some of my spare pedals.

• Members

WWW wrote:

Jkater wrote:

Run for the hills while there's still time. 
:smileylol:

I've had my eye on a pedal that I'm saving my lunch money for, and I keep telling myself it's gonna be the last, at least for a while. Until I saw this little tuner pedal today. Had to have it. It's really a sickness, haha.

For real though, it gets addictive. Last time I counted was around 50 or so. When it gets out of hand you'll find yourself building 2nd and 3rd boards. I currently have 4, and might build one more for some of my spare pedals.

Lol. My board is pretty crammed but there are a few pedals I want to add. I sense it will get a little addictive possibly. But I'm a player (arguably) before being a collector of things so I might get to the point where things are working to my satisfaction. also I used to buy everything new but I got a nice dd7 and a CE-5 on ebay that work just fine. I also might put together a second board since I have enough pedals on the side to have a usable one. Might as well be on a board as on a shelf.

since this pic was taken, the mojomojo and EQ have given way to the Boss chorus and DD7. 

Pedal board jkater.jpg

Jkater wrote:

So I'm curious about what you guys and gals have/own/ use and how you rotate if you do.

Just talk about it and show pics!!!!

Two things:

You can never have enough pedals son. Write that down.

Second, if you run out of space on one board, just build another... and another.

Phils pedalboards.jpg

I have so many loose pedals that are not in the pictures that I probably need to make another four or five boards... ;)

• Members

probably got 3 times as many pedals as i can fit on my large pedalboard. mostly just collecting cool fx to have available when i need it, but i have way more drive pedals than i care to use because i buy them cheap and they're not always worth selling

• Members

I currently have two boards. My main board is setup to put my M9 into the FX loop of my Mesa Boogie Road King II while my dirt goes in the front. It also has my amp switcher that is the size of a surfboard in the front. It is all powered with a PP+ 2. I have LED lights all over the board that goes to the beat of the music. My second board is for a smaller setup. It is a Pedal Train Mini with 4 pedals on it. It has a Morley Mini Vol/Wah, TC Electronic Nova Drive into a chorus then into a TC Electronic Nova Delay all going into the front of an Egnater Rebel 30 combo. That is my grab and go rig. I probably have about 40 pedals all together. I buy a lot of pedals off of eBay. Most pedals I use but there are others that I just keep for collecting.

Archived