Sorting a PA wish list... Help me out

• Members

So currently I have 2 x Mackie SRM450's and a DFX12 Mixer.

I'd like to add a bass bin and a monitor, but am unsure on how to connect it all. The bass bin I have been looking at is the SWA1501, but may be tempted by the SWA1801 if one was to come up. The moniter will probably be a 350 or another 450.

I heard that adding a bass bin takes alot of the workload off the tops (450s), but how do both tops connect to the bass bin? And how can I run the moniter so that I can turn things up or down, is that sent through the Aux 1 send and returns?

I'm a novice at this, so any help appreciated.

• Members

Looks like the sub has high pass out available to feed your highs. In that case send the entire signal to the sub and them out from the HP to your 450s. I do the same in one of my DRPX configurations. If you have an electronic crossover, you can place that between the mixer and speakers too. (Sounds like you don't have one.)

• Members

Thanks for the help, it's making sense now.

I have just got myself a couple of SRM350's locally today which I'm going to use as moniters. My guess I take the aux send from the desk into the monitor, and then Thru from the moniter into the other moniter.i looked up the bass bin manual and that makes sense now too.

The system will be used for my band. For the bigger venues we could do with something extra, so I think the SWA1501 would suffice. We could be doing with moniters for even the pubs, so the 350's will come really in handy.

Archived