Anyone here enjoy lowballing musicians on Craigslist?

tacdryver

• Members

StratGuy22 wrote:

I buy the odd thing off Craigslist. Normally I just go new. You get the receipt, then you expense it, whatever. With CL there's no receipts involved. Unless its some great deal on a smaller piece of gear I don't bother.

I've only ever bought 1 piece of musical gear off of Craigslist that I can remember.   A volume pedal.   But I've sold quite a bit.

I do buy a lot of used gear off of Ebay though.   And you have receipts that way too.

• Members

I sold 17 grand worth of stuff on craigslist when I was getting ready to move to texas. I only ran into one nut case who got pissed off because he didn't make his apt to pick up the item and I sold it out from under him. He started going off on me over the phone. Yadda yadda yada. I just said its not my job to baby sit you and I am not a storage warehouse.

• Members

Jimiv wrote:

Speaking of Craigslist, since I left the band I have a ton of excellent band gear that I need to unload. Guitars (Strat and Les Paul) P.A., subs, lighting, mics, etc......oh yeah, everyone's favorite, music stands.

Craigslist is one option, but there has to be a better alternative.

-------------------------------------

You sure you want to get rid of everything?

You could wind up in another band if you're not careful.

Archived