What do these buttons do on my mixer?

• Members

I have similar buttons on my OLD Soundcraft Folio Rac Pack. The Aux 1-2, and Aux 3-4 buttons switch between those two sets of auxes. On my mixer, I have four auxes I can use at once. I have Aux 1 and 2, which remain fixed and usable. And then I have buttons like yours, only they say Aux 3-4 and Aux 5-6. What that means, if your mixer is similar to mine in this function, is that you have four axes, but only two usable for separate monitor mixes. So you can either designate those as Aux 1 and Aux 2 OR as Aux 3 and Aux 4. I am sure that there is some useful function for it being set up like this, but I have always found it confusing and useless.

Oh and the pre/post buttons means you can set the auxes to pre fader or post fader. ;)

• Members

From the Manual (basically Wynn is right):

About the black buttons in the first image:

"USB connector & output selection.

A standard USB type B connector plugs in here (cable supplied). The three selector switches determine what is sent on the USB output. They work on a priority system, so that if more than one is pressed the one nearest the top takes precedence. So if all 3 are pressed, then the Aux 1 & 2 signals would be sent by the USB device. Please refer to the section describing using the USB audio port for more details." 

About the grey buttons in the second image:

"Monitor selector switches

These 4 switches select the signal source for the headphones monitor and the meters. They work on a priority basis. If they are all up then the post-fade main L R signals will feed the monitor circuit, if USB and 2 TRK are pressed, then only the 2 TRK signals will feed the monitor circuit. The stereo option of pressing both AUX 1 and AUX 2 together allows Aux 1 to feed the left and Aux 2 to feed the right monitor circuit. This is useful if a stereo mix is set up using Auxes 1 & 2. "

Louis

Archived