Any Hard Rock/Blues Trios?

Rocktone

• Members

What's up guys? I have been rehearsing songs for a Hard Rock/Blues trio. Are there any others on here doing the same thing? I'm just looking to see how they are doing and if there is a market for it? I'm talking older ZZ Top and Ted Nugent to Joe Bonamassa. I like the regular blues thing but I am a Marshall Les Paul guy looking to keep an edge to it. I had just recently ended a long ride in an Original Project doing more of a Modern hard rock thing. Band was Leaving Midnight. www.LeavingMidnight.com I am in the suburbs of Philadelphia which is a horrible city for bands IMO. Which is why the original thing hasnt been working. Any club will book you if you bring in 30-40 people gauranteed. I'm talking Center city stuff, jammed in with 4 other bands who could range from folk to metal. Just not worth the hassle when you have wife and kids at home. I'm looking to get away from the city and play the stuff I enjoy personally and make somemoney doing it. I have been out around my area and the quality of the bands is all over the place. I have seen great bands in empty rooms and terrible bands in packed rooms.

• Members

Rocktone wrote:

I have seen great bands in empty rooms and terrible bands in packed rooms.

It matters not how good you are - as long as you can bring the hard drinkers to make the booze sell you can get booked. OTOH if your "following" are responsible drinkers yur screwed facepalm.gif. Things are so bad around here that to play for "free" at the better charity events you have to sell (or buy yourselves) tickets facepalm.gif.

• Members

We are doing a roots/classic rock trio and its been getting a pretty good draw.  I would guess on the rock an roll time line we are doing stuff thats a little earlier though.   More 60 to 70s stuff.   We run with a lead guitar front man , bass and keys and run drum loops.   For the stuff we are doing having keys over the typical live drummer opens up a ton more material thats in our wheel house.   Our ideal lineup would be a 4 piece with a live drummer who also sings back up. For now with our market you have to run cut down to meet our small room local bar music scene where you  can make up sonic space with being louder.  do i think its the way to big money ,, no , but its the way to be active in our market place

• 2 weeks later...

Archived