Summer NAMM Rumors????

tangerine

• Members

Any NAMM rumors?

Apple: Logic Studio 9 ?

Korg: A new Radias model ? 64 voice poly, 16 part multitibral and efx on every part just like Access Virus?

Yamaha: A new VA at last AN7x ?

Clavia: A new Nordlead with efx ?

Elektron: Something interesting ? GrooveStation ?

Roland: A new MC station, MC 990 ?

Novation: Supernova 3 ? or are they dead as synthesizers builders now?

Or is hardware synthesizers a dead dinosaur?

I still hope some of these can release something really interesting at a competitive price.

;):eek:

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

As we all know, Summer NAMM is typically NOT about keyboard/synth announcements ...

However, I'd love to see Roland make some kind of serious forward progress with the Fantom G OS ...

I am seriously jonesing to upgrade, but I WILL NOT until a worthy OS v2.0 arrives ...

• Members

Will Akai ship the Miniak with a software editor? Or even release their version of the Alesis Ion? (Yeah, right...) :rolleyes:

And will Mackie release their secret product -- the one advertised front-page on their site some months ago with the "Are you afraid of the dark" contest?

(btw, I don't expect Apple to release Logic 9 until Snow Leopard is out.)

• Members

I'm about the buy a Korg ESX-1. Is there any sign a new Electribe will be announced? Probably not, but it has been 6 years since the ESX-1 was released. Should I wait?

I can't believe there's still a sampler on the market with a Smartmedia port... Least they could do is upgrade to an SD or CF port and allow access to at least a thousand samples at once. 255 may still be enough, but kind of limiting.

I don't think Korg has attended Summer NAMM the last two years and I doubt they would start up again now.

Korg attended last year unveiling the Nano series. It wasn't much, but last Winter NAMM wasn't either. That's 2 NAMM expo's already unveiling pretty much nothing.

• Members

I read - months ago - that Novation was working to Supernova 3. But so much time is passed :facepalm:...

I'm selling my Virus C and i'll have to fill that damn hole on my 3-tiers keyb stand. I was thinking about the ruby-red Q+, but Novation could stop me, if they only wanted :facepalm:...

• Members

Actually, the Q+ is my primary target, but i have to sell the Virus first. A dude offered me a trade with a Roland XP30, another a trade with an expanded Triton rack and an expanded Karma...But i need money, not romplers, gentlemen :cop:

• Members

Here is a top secret spy photo of Dave Smith's new MicroPho prototype:

dvms1.jpg

It's the guts of a Mopho combined with an iPod Shuffle interface.

- One knob to edit parameters.

- Flip the left switch to randomly change which parameter you are editing.

- Flip the right switch to randomly generate a new sequencer pattern (which is continually playing).

Graphics will, of course, include the words "FLIP IT!" above the switches.

:)

• Members

they promised that they where going to have this big product

on winter namm 09 but they didnt so i hope this summer namm

they will do.

Oh... Sorry to break it to ya, it was the Microkorg XL. I know it was announced before NAMM, but Korg probably meant something big would be present at NAMM rather than announced.

• Members

...and where did you read this Tony?

their website before/when it was announced.

I don't think Korg has anything major this time around, based on some sources who should know. No new workstations at least... But there's a full spectrum of colors to re-release the kaossilator in. :)