Summer NAMM Rumors????

tangerine

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The PX330 is replacing the PX320 and the new model has some awesome upgrades! For starters, a Mod Wheel, more expressive touch sensors (3), DSP effects and a backlit LCD Display!!!! The overall size is about the same as the 320 and the weight is only 25 Lbs.

• Members

I don't think the XXX has much to do with the fantom G.

I just got an email in my box from Roland UK. It goes like this:

"Welcome to the first-ever Roland sale, giving you great deals on some of the coolest gear around.

The Triple-X sale runs for one week only from Saturday July 18th to Saturday 25th July at selected dealers only, so find your nearest participating dealer and visit the store to find out what's on offer. There'll be a variety of exclusive deals available in these stores and as an extra bonus, any customer buying a Roland or Boss product during the sale will get a four-year warranty, instead of the standard three-year cover (or six years for Boss compacts, instead of the normal five years cover).

So, to summarise: it's called the "Roland Triple X Sale", it runs from Saturday 18th to Saturday 25th July, has some great deals which are only available in-store, and everyone who buys gets an extra year's warranty on their gear.

Find your nearest participating dealer now - and happy shopping."

Maybe there is still hope for Roland to release something interesting at NAMM? (highly doubtful).

• Members
I don't think the XXX has much to do with the fantom G.

I just got an email in my box from Roland UK. It goes like this:

"Welcome to the first-ever Roland sale, giving you great deals on some of the coolest gear around.

The Triple-X sale runs for one week only from Saturday July 18th to Saturday 25th July at selected dealers only, so find your nearest participating dealer and visit the store to find out what's on offer. There'll be a variety of exclusive deals available in these stores and as an extra bonus, any customer buying a Roland or Boss product during the sale will get a four-year warranty, instead of the standard three-year cover (or six years for Boss compacts, instead of the normal five years cover).

So, to summarise: it's called the "Roland Triple X Sale", it runs from Saturday 18th to Saturday 25th July, has some great deals which are only available in-store, and everyone who buys gets an extra year's warranty on their gear.

Find your nearest participating dealer now - and happy shopping."

Maybe there is still hope for Roland to release something interesting at NAMM? (highly doubtful).

:facepalm:

I see it up on their site now :lol:

Looks like changing the PC clock just took it to the 1.03 flash page.

XXX Sale it is then :thu:

• Members

If this is still under a grand for the set, like the previous Alesis generation, it will be very well worth looking into. Particularly interested in the new DM10 module...

DM10.gif

Is it me or is Alesis/Akai by far the company with the most new products in recent NAMMs?

• Members

I'm about the buy a Korg ESX-1. Is there any sign a new Electribe will be announced? Probably not, but it has been 6 years since the ESX-1 was released. Should I wait?

I can't believe there's still a sampler on the market with a Smartmedia port... Least they could do is upgrade to an SD or CF port and allow access to at least a thousand samples at once. 255 may still be enough, but kind of limiting.

Korg attended last year unveiling the Nano series. It wasn't much, but last Winter NAMM wasn't either. That's 2 NAMM expo's already unveiling pretty much nothing.

The Electribe line is dead. Electronica, though still around and influential is no longer "the hottest thing." The trend these days is hardware interfaces for software. The biggest items to come out in Winter NAMM was the Akai APC-40 Ableton Controller and NI's Maschine - perfect examples of hardware-meets-software.

• Members
The PX330 is replacing the PX320 and the new model has some awesome upgrades! For starters, a Mod Wheel, more expressive touch sensors (3), DSP effects and a backlit LCD Display!!!! The overall size is about the same as the 320 and the weight is only 25 Lbs.

Buster - that's really interesting news! I'm crazy about the Privia 320, but now, instead of waiting for its price to plummet when the 330 comes out, I might just have to find the money to buy a 330. You mentioned the 330 has Mod Wheel, do you know whether it has a pitch wheel as well? Or is that what the "touch sensors (3)" was referring to?

And how DO you know all this exciting info!?:love:?!

anyway thanks.

• Members

But isn't this good news?

I would imagine brother Diametro will be throwing a party when he hears this!
:lol:

Many advanced users are of the opinion OS 1.3 is how the G should have shipped ... some aren't even sure of this ...

You'll see my workstation seal of approval in action when I buy my next one ... as it is with the G, nothing less than a stellar V2.0 will get my greenbacks ... (so I might be waiting for awhile ... or maybe Kurz will beat them to the punch with a K-series successor, at which point, all bets are off ... )

• Members

Electribes dead ... ???

There might not be something right around the corner ... but I can't imagine Korg would just give up on a concept that has done pretty well for them ...

If so ... then ESX and EMX = instant classics imo ...

• Members
Buster - that's really interesting news! I'm crazy about the Privia 320, but now, instead of waiting for its price to plummet when the 330 comes out, I might just have to find the money to buy a 330. You mentioned the 330 has Mod Wheel, do you know whether it has a pitch wheel as well? Or is that what the "touch sensors (3)" was referring to?

And how DO you know all this exciting info!?
:love:
?!

anyway thanks.

The information posted isn't 100% correct. Full details will be at www.priviapiano.com on August 1st. Audio demos and hopefully video will be up at that time.

Mike Martin
Casio America, Inc

• Members
Oh cool! Alesis is releasing a new synth called the "Fusion 2010"!

Yeah...I just made that up....
:(

I don't think Alesis is in a big hurry to release another Fusion type board.

I think they'd do OK with another Ion though.

• Members
Electribes dead ... ???

There might not be something right around the corner ... but I can't imagine Korg would just give up on a concept that has done pretty well for them ...

They can't be dead can they, I may have to get an ESX sometime in the future as I only own an EMX. :cry:

• Members

Korg usually doesn't do anything for summer namm, but this is the first time I remember Roland not having a new product section up on their global site for summer namm. Looks like they have nothing to announce as well.

Sign of the times I guess...

• Members

Electribes dead ... ???

I agree. The ESX and EMX have, in my view, established Korg as the leader in that market.

It would be great if Korg took it further and came out with something combining the R3 and the EMX. 37 keys, vocoder, and the polyphony/multitimbrality of the R3, with the sequencing and drum machine capabilities of the EMX. I'd pay $1000-$1200 for something like that.

Archived