Are Community speakers any good ?

• Members

I've been in the market for some small PA speakers for a little while now and I came across some Community speakers with a 15" and horn in each...I haven't seen or heard them yet. I think I can get them pretty cheap in a package deal with lots of other goodies. Anybody running Community gear ? Is it typically quality stuff or is it crap ? I've heard of the brand but have zero experience with it and no local dealers are selling the stuff.

• Members

Community has been around for a long time and have produced a lot of different products. They've made some really great stuff, some quite mediocre stuff, and everything in between.

Being from Motor City, maybe you can appreciate this analogy: "I have an opportunity to buy a GM vehicle. Is it quality stuff or crap?"

It really just depends on the model.

• Members

Originally posted by ZenMoto

Alright folks...Thanks for the responses...The speakers in question are a pair of Community CSX35-S2 ... Looks like they are discontinued but can still be seen on the Community website right here:

http://www.community.chester.pa.us/main/index.php?option=articles&task=viewarticle&sid=18

That's their el-cheapo entry level line. Particle board, ratfur, and piezos.

I'd pass unless the price is phenomenal. Actually, I'd pass no matter what.

:)

• Members

Went and looked at 'em...The deal was pretty solid sounding on the phone...$250 for 2 speakers, cables, late model Peavey 5 channel mixer-amp, Shure SM-58 with stand and cable...The stuff was so nasty that I had to walk away. Stored in a nasty damp garage with a big dog. We're talking rusty speaker grills, rusty mic stand 1/4" of dust and foulness...What a waste of time. If the stuff was clean I'd have snapped it up at that price though. The stuff would have all been handy to have around.

Archived