more info on bently stratocaster copy for noob looking to sell?

cduval04

• Members

Hello I'm interested in learning a bit more about this bently guitar that has lived in my attic for the last 15-20 years here is what I know: (I know not much about instruments or guitars per Se so this is what I know about its life/use and conditions excuse any "noob" sounding terminology)

It was purchased sometime between 1993 and 1996 for my brother whom was one of those kids that would go through phases he probably used it twice not kidding. He plastered it with stickers which I spent a few hours taking off & it looks very nice now except for the paint chip on the front and the screw heads that I assume hold the guitar together are a tad rusty. I would like to think a top with some naval jelly or nevrdull would take care of this. 

I have also learned that this is a stratocaster copy and is not worth much..maybe 50 or 100 usd. .but based on the serial no. I have no idea whether it would be closer to the lower or higher end of that. I also cannot find info as to exactly when or where it was made in relationship to its serial number.

I was wondering with its current condition if it is worth selling & how I should go about it..I know of a couple guitar shops in my area that buy second hand instruments such as this but I cannot vouch for their honesty in terms of taking advantage of those more ignorant customers that visit. I do sell on ebay & craigslist so I am familiar with this process. ..If anyone has any further information about this guitar and would like to share, I would appreciate it.  Thanks. More detailed pics here on photobucket. (Ignore my cat he's insane & didn't feel like moving him!);-)

2014-02-08 21.38.21.jpg

• Members

Hello, nice old Bently  . If the neck is straight and electronics work, CL is easiest. take it to a music store at least see what they say, they won't give much but you can get it checked out for free! lol Go to a smaller shop thats local, not guitar center or such. from personal exp, those things are a good student guitar and built well enough to be the bones of a project, ie new tuners/ electronics and play pretty well. 75- 100 should be about right. hope that helps. GTL

• Members

Here's one on eBay asking $65.  No takers yet.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Bentley-Electric-Guitar-/221369921886?pt=Guitar&hash=item338aacf15e

Search eBay with "Bently" and "Bentley".

A couple say Series 10 by Bently.  There are some acoustics too.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20091107215343AAXpUgN

"Bently Guitars is a now defunct guitar manufacturer that made beginner to intermediate instruments built in Asia between (late 70s to late 90s) and distributed in the U.S. by St. Louis Music in St. Louis Mo. St. Louis Music imported these instruments as their entry-level solid body guitar & bass line. Most models featured designs based on classic American favorites. In 1998 SLM discontinued the Bently line when they introduced the Austin line. Bently guitars are usually found priced between $50-$100 on the used market"

You could make a million with these Bently's if you have 20,000 of them and sell each for $50 or 10,000 and sell each for $100.

Archived