Stagepas 660i and powered speakers

• Members

I have just purchased a Yamaha Stagepas 600i.  I am very new to this type of equipment.  I have a question.  At one of the venues I am frequenting right now there are powered speakers already mounted on the wall but there is no mixer just the speakers.  The fixed speakers are EUROLIVE B208D.  

Can I plug the Eurolive powered speakers into my Stagepas 600i? 

Thanks in advance for any help.  

• Members

PatGarcia wrote:

I have just purchased a Yamaha Stagepas 600i.  I am very new to this type of equipment.  I have a question.  At one of the venues I am frequenting right now there are powered speakers already mounted on the wall but there is no mixer just the speakers.  The fixed speakers are

Can I plug the Eurolive powered speakers into my Stagepas 600i? 

Thanks in advance for any help.  

According to the manual here http://download.yamaha.com/api/asset/file/?language=de&site=de.yamaha.com&asset_id=58190 (which may or may not be the right manual for what you have bought) you can use the monitor outs to send signal to powered speakers. You control the volume with the monitor out control. There is a separate line level output for a powered sub, which, if used, cuts frequencies below 120hz out of the signal sent to the main speakers.

• Members

Thank you for your reply.  What you are saying makes sense to me.  I had tested the subwoofer out on my home theater powered subwoofer yesterday with good results.  I had not quite figured out the Monitor out jacks yet.  Below is from the instructions you referenced, which are correct for my unit.   

MONITOR OUT jacks

These are for connection to a powered speaker for monitoring purposes, and output a mix of the signals from channels 1 to 9/10.  You can adjust the output level using the MONITOR OUT control (!).  If only the L (MONO) jack is used, the signals from the L and R channels are mixed and output. 

So it looks like if I use the Monitor Out left and right to two powered speakers, although not optimal, should work. 

• Members

I would also guess that the monitor out might be pre channel EQ and pre any global EQ you might have. And I would imagine the send would not have effects either. So your sound could be less than desirable using the Behrs, and that's not even factoring in the speakers themselves.

However, depending on the venue, you might want to bleed just a little signal into the Behrs, while using your own speakers. I'm talking about a tiny amount. And that's only if the venue needed that extra bit of coverage. But if you put too much, your going to run into issues. I'm really talking, just a smidgen... Maybe only vocals or ???

Archived