Yorkville Service - So far I'm impressed

• Members

So, I bought some rental NX55Ps (with a warranty) from Long & McQuade last month.  After running them in a bit, I found one to be intermittenly crunchy with HF cutting out on occasion.

I brought the speaker into L&M Oshawa (near Toronto) as I was driving right past there on Tuesday... around 6:00pm.

I got an e-mail this morning at 1030 letting my know my speaker was back and ready for pickup.  28.5 hour turn-around is pretty damn impressive.  I guess the Yorkville service center must be in the Toronto area somewhere...

Provided the speaker works when I get it back, I will be a VERY happy customer.

• Members

wesg wrote:

So, I bought some rental NX55Ps (with a warranty) from Long & McQuade last month.  After running them in a bit, I found one to be intermittently crunchy with HF cutting out on occasion.

I brought the speaker into L&M Oshawa (near Toronto) as I was driving right past there on Tuesday... around 6:00pm.

I got an e-mail this morning at 1030 letting my know my speaker was back and ready for pickup.  28.5 hour turn-around is pretty damn impressive.  I guess the Yorkville service center must be in the Toronto area somewhere...

Provided the speaker works when I get it back, I will be a VERY happy customer.

Oshawa, you say. Hey do you know my cousin.... Just kidding, but I do have relatives in Oshawa.

Some L&M's have in store techs as noted. Hopefully your speaker will now perform. Sometimes those intermittent things are hard to find - sort of like chasing a problem on a car. Of course there are fewer components in a speaker...

• Members

Just to follow up -- it turns out this store has an in-store tech. They are a little further from me than the Ottawa L&M, but I'm glad I found this one, with a tech, a LOT of stock, and better hours.

I've only put an hour on the speaker since the repair but it seems okay now. Tech's note was "tightened the two push-on connectors at the horn's terminals and retested-OK". I guess I should have cracked it open to take a peek myself. :)

Wes

Archived