Rack Interconnects

• Members

Hi All,

Just looking for some input, I have been using Seismic cables without any issues until last night that is....apparently they are fine when I am on the rig but not robust enough once you put an employee behind the wheel....

I am looking at moving to all either Mogami or Canare; any thoughts on which is a better choice? I am leaning towards Canare as it appears (and I could be wrong) that the Mogami brand is more well known and costs more because of it. With either option it will be Neutrik gold ends; appreciate any input here.

Thanks,

Rob

• Members

Pro Sound Guy wrote:

I believe most guys here would recommend these cables

Thanks,

The challlenge here is Mark is not setup to sell to Canada yet and contacting the distributor in Korea in the past has resulted in no response....I went down this path when I was looking for racks and for snakes in the past....

• Members

Thanks,

Looking for mostly internal and a few in between racks....wonderboy decided the PA+ was not connected properly to the amps last night and buggered some cables so I had to leave the Xmas party I was at and go replace cables...of course, as Murphy would have it, he made this decision right before the band went on for first set so there were no subs for that set...

• Members

Rob_H wrote:

With either option it will be Neutrik gold ends.

Gold ends may be a good option depending on what connectors are used in the rack mount equipment you have. Mixing metals (gold and silver color) leaves the potential for corrosion...especially for internal rack wiring that never gets changed.

Archived