Found some vintage and other mics cleaning the shop

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

any old Shure or Astatic broadcast mics? Hey, a guy can hope can't he ?

Of course I have one ;) I actually do have an Astatic braodcast mic, very early chrome one in pristine condtion with stand. I will check the model later today.

• Members

Christ Andy, you could coompete with GC! Just how big is this shop?????

Not so big as well organized and stored. The problem is that I moved from a 3000 sq ft shop into a much nicer 1500 sq ft shop so things had to go up on steel shelving. Even so, I had to dumpster a bunch of stuff (after you guys had first shot at it a few years ago).

• Members

Hello! I sent you a PM {hope I did} about the AT8531 power module. I bought a couple of AT851A mics on ebay a couple of years ago, only recently tried them .One did not have the inline power module. can't seem to find AT8335X module with out buying another mic. Hoping you still have the power module and that I can make it work. I am also intrested in your AT DR-KX1 and DR- STXi mics. Working on tight budget here and trust you more tha the Ebay.

Thanks

Richard Sivley aka Oldman2

• Members

bump for additions

I came into possesion of a few original Shure Unidynes. Two of them are the Unidyne 545s (gun shaped) with the four pin connector. I think they take an Amphenol MC4M or equivalent cable.

Got any old cables still knocking around that might work with the 545s?

• Members

Check your PMs

Hello! I sent you a PM {hope I did} about the AT8531 power module. I bought a couple of AT851A mics on ebay a couple of years ago, only recently tried them .One did not have the inline power module. can't seem to find AT8335X module with out buying another mic. Hoping you still have the power module and that I can make it work. I am also intrested in your AT DR-KX1 and DR- STXi mics. Working on tight budget here and trust you more tha the Ebay.

Thanks

Richard Sivley aka Oldman2

• Members

I came into possesion of a few original Shure Unidynes. Two of them are the Unidyne 545s (gun shaped) with the four pin connector. I think they take an Amphenol MC4M or equivalent cable.

Got any old cables still knocking around that might work with the 545s?

Nope, got me there ;) There are a few that come up on e-bay every now and then.

• Members

Nope, got me there
;)
There are a few that come up on e-bay every now and then.

Hey no problem, just checking - one never knows what might be lurking in your shop :)

Thanks for the ebay tip, I looked once, but I'll keep looking.

I've got two other original 545's that look more like the SM57. Nice mics, maybe a little warmer and brighter than the 57, and I see they're still in production. Apparently they're popular in karaoke bars in Japan - can't confirm or deny that though.

• Members

Hey no problem, just checking - one never knows what might be lurking in your shop
:)

Thanks for the ebay tip, I looked once, but I'll keep looking.

I've got two other original 545's that look more like the SM57. Nice mics, maybe a little warmer and brighter than the 57, and I see they're still in production. Apparently they're popular in karaoke bars in Japan - can't confirm or deny that though.

I do have a couple of spare Crown PZM (PCC-160) cables though!

• Members

Of course I have one
;)
I actually do have an Astatic braodcast mic, very early chrome one in pristine condtion with stand. I will check the model later today.

Great, let me know the model # when you get the time. I live if the SF bay area and am around your neck of the woods quite often, so picking it up is no problem.

• Members

Andy,

Your PM mailbox is full again.

At any rate, I would like the 55S, the 3 Audio Technica DR-STX1s And the AKG D-109 if they are still available.

Man did it fill up quickly! Now cleared, PM me, all are still available but got a bunch of hits on the AT-DR mics. Include your PayPal e-mail so I can send you an invoice and get you shipping costs!

• Members

Great, let me know the model # when you get the time. I live if the SF bay area and am around your neck of the woods quite often, so picking it up is no problem.

It's a D-104, originally a crystal broadcast mic that was also popular with ham radio operators. I have also seen these mics used in pre WW2 through the 1950s' PA in applications like major league ballfields and racetracks. This one is probably from the middle to late 50's. How about $30?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Astatic_Corporation

• Members

Hey Andy, thanks. While that is a very fair price, it's not one of the models I was hoping for. I actually had other plans for it rather than broadcasting. A JT-30, T3, 10-C, or 200S are models I'm looking for. Thank you for taking the time.

• Members

Hey Andy, thanks. While that is a very fair price, it's not one of the models I was hoping for. I actually had other plans for it rather than broadcasting. A JT-30, T3, 10-C, or 200S are models I'm looking for. Thank you for taking the time.

No problem, don't happen to have any of those!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Archived