Awkward....

• Members

So last night was interesting to say the least....had a weekend show booked with a fairly well known band in the west, everything starts great, they show early for soundcheck, down to earth people with no big egos and we get done quickly. First set was planned for 10:00, all but 2 players are there well in advance but the group doesn't start until about 10:10, not the end of the world but not what I expected...they make it through 4 or 5 songs before some arguing starts between the 2 that were late...at first everyone (including me) is laughing as it seems like part of the show...until it escalates and the singer throws a punch that is, it then turns into pretty much an all out band brawl, the RCMP were doing a walk through (pretty normal to check for under age up here) so they get involved, call for backup and the entire band is taken out in cuffs. Was a first for me, I have seen minor tiffs over the years but nothing like this, I never lost any gear other than a couple of SM58s that have very dented windscreens...was definitely one of the weirder ones, waiting on a call to see what the plan is tonight but may end up being the most I ever got paid to do 5 songs....

• Members

I had a keyboard players' wife and girlfriend show up at a gig...together.  They dragged him off the stage mid song and beat the crap outa him.  It happened so fast no one had time to do much but drop jaw.  He finished the night looking like a spanked puppy.

Few years later - another band, the drummers wife was trying to make him jealous by flirting with pretty much everyone.  Near the end of the night she started dirty dancing with some guys right in front of the stage.  The drummer lost it and Keith Mooned his kit and stormed off.  Our bass player calmly got on the mic and dead panned ,"Well I guess there will be no encore, thanks and good night."

• Members

WoW! Cool!

I saw a show that once involved handcuffs on stage but that was............Oh never mind :-).

Really? Cuffed them and marched them out. Great spectacle (probably NOT for the band though :-).

That even tops bloody noses & injury (and nobody really got hurt :-).

Somewhere there's a long thread about show goof etc... If you can find it, you should repost it there (this one's a classic :-).

Thanks cool story.

• Members

A decade or two ago I was playing at this fancy pants bar in Irvine CA.  We start the intro song for the singer and he doesn't show up because he's doing Tequila shots and arguing with some woman. So we start the song again, and he finally shows up, grabs the mic and just zones out. The drummer yells - sing, darn it (new forum rules) at which point the singer drops the mic and takes a swing at the drummer and knocks half of the drum kit over. Time for a break - after the first song that we didn't even finish!

The mic he dropped was a cross rental and I would have had to pay full price if it was broken - luckily it was a 58 and survived intact.

Archived