Saw The Eagles last night

• Members

Saw The Eagles in Sacramento last night, great concert. They had their original guitarist Bernie Leadon join them on a number of songs, they also played quite a bit of their older obscure stuff which was great.

Had some feedback issues going on early in their first set which really surprised me. At this level things like that have to be very unusual . There was also some issue with Timothy Schmidts bass amp ? As it sounded like a low frequency fart most of the night. All that aside, still a great performance.

Oh, and something else. They were all singing on SM58's!. I kept watching the close ups on the video screens and thought they sure looked like 58's. When they took an intermission I spoke with one of the FOH guys who confirmed it.

• Members

I haven't had much desire to see the Eagles since they canned Don Felder---the show I saw with him when they first got back together in the 90s was one of the best I've ever seen.    But to see them with Bernie Leadon sitting in would have been VERY cool!

Is that a regular thing they are doing this tour?  Or Bernie just happened to be at this one show?

• Members

The documentary is great. I've watched at least 5 or 6 times all the way through. Its just that interesting. I saw the Eagles back on their Farewell 1 tour and it was fantastic.

Off topic, but also check out the Rush documentary. Its also really good. I've watched it so many times that I've lost count.

• Members

agedhorse wrote:

The eagles had 3 of our acoustic amps out on the "Fairwell" tours. I don't know if they are still using them as they would be quite long in the tooth by now.

Wish I knew what they looked like, I could have looked out for them. I can say they had a large number of small combos scattered across the stage, must have been close to 20 amps total. Andy were they not one of the first bands to get into the "switching-guitars-every-song" approach?  

Archived