Zebra Seymour Duncan Jazz Neck TB FS/FT

BigRoy

• Members

I have a zebra (creme/black) Seymour Duncan Jazz neck model Trembucker. It is in outstanding condition; has long 4 conductor lead wire and the Seymour Duncan logo.

I'm looking to trade it for a Duncan Custom, Alnico II Pro, 59 or something along these lines. As I'm looking for something in a more vintage voiced vein, please no JBs, Invaders, etc. I'd prefer a bridge model and it doesn't necessarily have to be a Trembucker or zebra but it would have to be in similar condition to mine. I am not interested in any pickups which have been tampered with though. Or, I'll outright sell the Jazz for $55.

Continental US ONLY!

• Members

Its called a "Trembucker" because it is made for tremolo equipped guitars where the string spacing is wider apart than many standard fixed bridges. This is to allow for the strings to sit directly above the polepieces across all six strings.

Some players claim the string/polepiece alignment makes little difference while others claim it makes a world of difference.

In your particular situation, you stated you'd be putting it in your Les Paul. The polepieces may very well line up with the strings if you put it in the bridge position (because of the wider spaced, Nashville bridge) but the polepieces would definitely be further apart than the strings if you put it in the neck position.

Having seen the condition of your pickup, I would trade my pickup for yours if you are still interested. The ball is in your court.

• Members

darn, i didnt realize that. well ill keep it in mind, and i was really looking for a nickel covered one anyway. ill keep my eye on this thread though and let you know. and im not sure what kinda guitar you are working with but the pickup does not have too much slack installed in the bridge of my lp...maybe could go another inch or so.

Archived