Jump to content

OT: ATTN Toronto Area Members...


blue halo

Recommended Posts

  • Members

...and anyone else wanting to trek to the T-Dot...

 

My band, New Love Army will be playing our debut show on April 29th at a bar called Clinton's Tavern, in the Renaissance Room. We're sharing the night with our friends and hosts The Way, who will be playing later on in the night. Here's the details:

 

New Love Army w/ The Way

Clinton's Tavern/The Renaissance Room

693 Bloor St. W. (at the corner of Bloor and Clinton)

Toronto, ON

 

If you need a map, you can find one at newlovearmy.com, plus you'll get a chance to hear some great music, too!

 

Hope to see you there!

 

I'm the bass player, so if you come, say hi!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members

 

Originally posted by D'Traveler

One of these days, I'm comin' up there... In the meantime, blow 'em away on the 29th, blue! I see you've got some music up on your site. I'll check it out when I get home.


By the way, "New Love Army" has a nice resonance to it.

 

Thanks man!! We'll probably have video up shortly after the show.. That is, unless I drop dead of exhaustion between now and then!! (I'm the band's multimedia guy, too)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members

 

Originally posted by Unfed

isn't that pretty close-sounding to the band 'new model army'? or are they an influence?

 

I suppose, yes it is pretty close.. But so is Blur and Cure, but they're not the same.. Listen to the music and see for yourself.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members

Originally posted by blue halo


What you talkin' 'bout, Willis?!?!?

 

Ok fine. The reputation I have here...

 

:D

 

 

 

5:58 pm cst

 

Listening to your stuff now.... So far two big thumbs up for "Nothing" and "Glue". I mean, I liked the other couple I've checked out too, but those two songs so far are gooooooood bong music! Yep....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members

Originally posted by D'Traveler

Ok fine. The reputation
I
have here...

Hahaha... Okay, fine.. I'll admit it.. Wait! I admit nothing!!!

 

 

Originally posted by D'Traveler

5:58 pm cst


Listening to your stuff now.... So far two big thumbs up for "Nothing" and "Glue". I mean, I liked the other couple I've checked out too, but those two songs so far are gooooooood bong music! Yep....

Hey, thanks for the kind words on the tunes!! Unfortunately, that's not the mastered version.. No, we took the stuff in to be mastered back in either late January or early February, and here it is, mid April, and it's not done yet... :rolleyes: Plus, the live versions will be a little heavier..

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members

Originally posted by blue halo


Hey, thanks for the kind words on the tunes!! Unfortunately, that's not the mastered version.. No, we took the stuff in to be mastered back in either late January or early February, and here it is, mid April, and it's not done yet...
:rolleyes:
Plus, the live versions will be a little heavier..

 

Yeah I could tell it wasn't the final product, but it was the composition I was listening to anyway. The singer's voice is buried under heavy fx in a couple of places, and I can't make out any of his lyrics. I didn't figure you guys would be putting a whole cd's worth of finished songs out there for people to listen to for free. ;)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members

Originally posted by D'Traveler

Yeah I could tell it wasn't the final product, but it was the composition I was listening to anyway. The singer's voice is buried under heavy fx in a couple of places, and I can't make out any of his lyrics. I didn't figure you guys would be putting a whole cd's worth of finished songs out there for people to listen to for free.
;)

Actually, we will be! You can listen to it for free as much as you like, but that means you have to be on the site, and generally, people will see what else is going on, and probably check us out live, and what not. But, if people want to listen to the CD elsewhere, they'll have to buy it.

 

Those aren't even the final mixes, btw.

 

The site goes live on the 29th as well.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members

i like the tunes!

wish i could post, but i live pretty far away man.

if it's ok with you, i'll sen an email to a couple of people i know in toronto and post a link on my site..see if someone won't show for ya.

 

hope it goes well, and i look forward to seeing the video.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Just wanted to remind anyone who would be interested that I'm playing tomorrow night at a bar called Clinton's Tavern (ya, I know it's already meantioned a gazillion times here!)

 

I'm the bass player, so if you come, come up to me and say hi!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...