OT: ATTN Toronto Area Members...

blue halo

• Members

...and anyone else wanting to trek to the T-Dot...

My band, New Love Army will be playing our debut show on April 29th at a bar called Clinton's Tavern, in the Renaissance Room. We're sharing the night with our friends and hosts The Way, who will be playing later on in the night. Here's the details:

New Love Army w/ The Way

Clinton's Tavern/The Renaissance Room

693 Bloor St. W. (at the corner of Bloor and Clinton)

Toronto, ON

If you need a map, you can find one at newlovearmy.com, plus you'll get a chance to hear some great music, too!

Hope to see you there!

I'm the bass player, so if you come, say hi!

• Members

Originally posted by D'Traveler

One of these days, I'm comin' up there... In the meantime, blow 'em away on the 29th, blue! I see you've got some music up on your site. I'll check it out when I get home.

By the way, "New Love Army" has a nice resonance to it.

Thanks man!! We'll probably have video up shortly after the show.. That is, unless I drop dead of exhaustion between now and then!! (I'm the band's multimedia guy, too)

• Members

Originally posted by Unfed

isn't that pretty close-sounding to the band 'new model army'? or are they an influence?

I suppose, yes it is pretty close.. But so is Blur and Cure, but they're not the same.. Listen to the music and see for yourself.

• Members

Originally posted by blue halo

What you talkin' 'bout, Willis?!?!?

Ok fine. The reputation I have here...

:D

5:58 pm cst

Listening to your stuff now.... So far two big thumbs up for "Nothing" and "Glue". I mean, I liked the other couple I've checked out too, but those two songs so far are gooooooood bong music! Yep....

• Members

Ok fine. The reputation
I
have here...

Hahaha... Okay, fine.. I'll admit it.. Wait! I admit nothing!!!

5:58 pm cst

Listening to your stuff now.... So far two big thumbs up for "Nothing" and "Glue". I mean, I liked the other couple I've checked out too, but those two songs so far are gooooooood bong music! Yep....

Hey, thanks for the kind words on the tunes!! Unfortunately, that's not the mastered version.. No, we took the stuff in to be mastered back in either late January or early February, and here it is, mid April, and it's not done yet... :rolleyes: Plus, the live versions will be a little heavier..

• Members

Originally posted by blue halo

Hey, thanks for the kind words on the tunes!! Unfortunately, that's not the mastered version.. No, we took the stuff in to be mastered back in either late January or early February, and here it is, mid April, and it's not done yet...
:rolleyes:
Plus, the live versions will be a little heavier..

Yeah I could tell it wasn't the final product, but it was the composition I was listening to anyway. The singer's voice is buried under heavy fx in a couple of places, and I can't make out any of his lyrics. I didn't figure you guys would be putting a whole cd's worth of finished songs out there for people to listen to for free. ;)

• Members

Yeah I could tell it wasn't the final product, but it was the composition I was listening to anyway. The singer's voice is buried under heavy fx in a couple of places, and I can't make out any of his lyrics. I didn't figure you guys would be putting a whole cd's worth of finished songs out there for people to listen to for free.
;)

Actually, we will be! You can listen to it for free as much as you like, but that means you have to be on the site, and generally, people will see what else is going on, and probably check us out live, and what not. But, if people want to listen to the CD elsewhere, they'll have to buy it.

Those aren't even the final mixes, btw.

The site goes live on the 29th as well.

• Members

i like the tunes!

wish i could post, but i live pretty far away man.

if it's ok with you, i'll sen an email to a couple of people i know in toronto and post a link on my site..see if someone won't show for ya.

hope it goes well, and i look forward to seeing the video.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Just wanted to remind anyone who would be interested that I'm playing tomorrow night at a bar called Clinton's Tavern (ya, I know it's already meantioned a gazillion times here!)

I'm the bass player, so if you come, come up to me and say hi!

Archived