Not the best, but...

Rbts

• Members

Maybe the best value???

I just want a utility keyboard to have around, to offer on open mic nights and stuff like that...

What one keyboard ought it be... for a decent piano sound, maybe some strings or something...

It should be reliable, and willing to have itself carried around when necessary...

Um...what if I only wanted to spend $ 500? (Something used of course)

Thank you for any comments. I don't mean to be a troll.... I just know that I am likely to get some good opinions here.

• Members

Originally posted by scubyfan

...now plan how you're gonna sell it to get something decent, like an XP-30.
;):D

That's not very nice, Scubyfan... :D

Yes Rbts, your QS will do just fine.

People (and no offense to you, Scuby) tend to be on the snobbish side sometime, and critique a product that is made by "the lesser" companies, like Alesis and Behringer.

Not very noble people (S-NOB = sine nobilitate - without nobility) they are. Not everybody can afford a Virus or a Motif ES 8.

• Members

Originally posted by Rbts

Maybe the best value???

I just want a utility keyboard to have around, to offer on open mic nights and stuff like that...

What one keyboard ought it be... for a decent piano sound, maybe some strings or something...

It should be reliable, and willing to have itself carried around when necessary...

Um...what if I only wanted to spend $ 500? (Something used of course)

Thank you for any comments. I don't mean to be a troll.... I just know that I am likely to get some good opinions here.

Roland RS-9 - used on Ebay is probably 500 - 600 bucks.

• Members

Please tell me that the Alesis QS 6.1 is not the same thing as a berringer.

I am just a hobbiest really, but I have about $ 7000 in my sound system (PA) and even I sworn off of berringer stuff due to it's unreliability.

I understand that $ 300 is not going to get me anything that is any sort of state of the art keyboard, but I want a touch sensitive keyboard with some dynamic capability, a good piano sound, and like I said maybe some strings or something if someone wants to play behind "Desperado"... nothing fancy, but something reliable, with acceptable sound quality for some backing keys.

All ofthis is for some guys who are NOT keyboard players tomaybe messaround on... I assume that if we get ssomething together that has a keyboard player in it, he or she will have his ro her own keyboard and rig for gigging or whatever.

Thank you.

• Members

same thing as "berringer"?? Do you mean Behringer?

What??

They don't even make a real synth (to the best of my knowledge), certainly no one has recommended it here..

well, anyways, another couple of good options would be a pk6 or a cs1x by Emu and Yamaha respectively.

But, yeah, if by "tell me it's not the same" you mean..cheap and relatively reliable but not actually up-to-date professional quality, then yes. the qs is that, but, frankly, you are an ass if you think 300 bones will get you a vsynth or a triton studio. What you are gonna end up with is a decent inexpensive synth. But that's what you asked for, right?

• Members

Well, again, thanks for your comments.. and your help.

If and when I am ready to be setting a keyboard on fire, I will understand that it will cost more then 300 bucks.

But in the mean time, hopefully, the alesis will be suitable, and quite likely it will be more than adequate for my skill level.

You guys take care.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Originally posted by Mr Varaldo

Not everybody can afford a Virus or a Motif ES 8.

True that.

One option you DO have is to buy a winning lottery ticket and take out a bank loan.......like I did! *buahhhahaaaaa psychotic look on face mad laughter buahhahaaa*

:D:mad: :mad: :D

• Members

I like it great.. thanks..

It is a way better keyboard than I am a keyboard player, so Iam sure it will suit my needs.

There are a lot of sounds on it...heck it will take a long time even just to get used to them all... and all I wantis a few...just a good piano, and a string set or something... to me, it sounds very good.

The odds on that lottery thing (that someone mentioned), are better than the odds of anyone ever like offering to PAY me to play a keyboard.... but if they ever do, and if it is enough, maybe I will look at something better... but other than that, I think I will be quite satisfied.

I am just an old guy, who wants to play a little music.

Archived