Casio PS-20 Digital Piano?

rintincop

• Members

88-key Casio PS20 features 8 high-quality onboard stereo sounds including a wonderful multi-sampled grand piano, onboard digital reverbs and choruses, and powerful built-in speakers, all packed into an innovative design. Its Naturally Scaled Hammer Action keyboard is designed for a heavier feel in the lower range and a lighter feel in the high range, for a touch that is just like that of an acoustic piano. The keyboard does not use springs - its action is provided by hammer weight for a truly authentic piano feel. The PS20 has 64-note polyphony for full sound quality, 2,500-note song memory, a built-in metronome, and includes a sustain pedal and music rack.

Features:

88-note weighted keyboard (hammer-type action)

64-note polyphonic

8 tones: Grand Piano 1/2, Piano 1/2, Electric Piano 1.2; Harpsichord; Vibraphone

Reverb (Room, Stage and Hall settings) and chorus effects

Real-Time Memory-2 songs, 2500 notes

Transpose & Tuning control

Metronome Function

4 Demo Songs

MIDI IN/OUT Jacks; 16-Channel multi-timbral

2 Headphone Jacks

2 Speaker Audio System

Stereo Sampled Dual-Element ZPI Sound Source

A stereo-sampled dual-element ZPI sound source includes separate waveforms for strong key pressure and light key pressure, which accentuates the differences between the sounds produced by each. Multiple stereo samples are also taken of tones produced by an acoustic grand, from the low range to the high range. Notes remain natural sounding and realistic from the moment a key is pressed until the note decays, which providing you with sound quality that is virtually identical to that of an acoustic grand piano.

Naturally Scaled Hammer Action Keyboard

The keyboard is designed for a heavier feel in the lower range and a lighter feel in the high range, for a touch that is just like that of an acoustic piano. The keyboard does not use springs, and its action is provided by hammer weight for a truly authentic piano feel.

Pedal Jacks

A damper jack and a soft/sostenuto jack allow connection of pedals for greater control over your musical expression. (damper, soft/sostenuto)

Size (W x D x H): 1292 x 342 x 139mm

Weight: 20.5 kg

p20974H-cfb1fc851bd5d7a3125518421c2f8ccb

• Members

Originally posted by p120dUdE

I wonder what piano company they sampled the sound from...because, its weird...

I didn't listen to the sound because, well, I don't want Real products installed on my computer. But unless RealMedia has improved vastly since I last listened to it, it lacks the quality necessary to accurately reproduce a sound for something like a digital piano.

Kiru

• Members

Originally posted by Kirumamoru

I didn't listen to the sound because, well, I don't want Real products installed on my computer. But unless RealMedia has improved vastly since I last listened to it, it lacks the quality necessary to accurately reproduce a sound for something like a digital piano.

Kiru

I agree and most amps and powered speakers lack the quality necessary to accurately reproduce the sound of a digital piano.

I have bought and returned or sold most of them (e.g., Mackie, JBL, FBT, Roland, Barbetta, M-S, Bose, Ramsa, GK)

• Members

OK, well, I listened to the sound samples since I'm at work and someone installed the RM program on this computer.

First observation: RealMedia has, in fact, gotten a lot better than the last time I heard it.

Second observation: There's no way all the suck in that sound is coming from the compression.

OK, so I stll can't tell all that much from the sound... but it doesn't even sound that much like a real piano. It sounds like a decent synthesized piano... and by synthesized I mean ''not sampled'' lol.

Kiru

• Members

Originally posted by Kirumamoru

OK, well, I listened to the sound samples since I'm at work and someone installed the RM program on this computer.

First observation: RealMedia has, in fact, gotten a lot better than the last time I heard it.

Second observation: There's no way all the suck in that sound is coming from the compression.

OK, so I stll can't tell all that much from the sound... but it doesn't even sound that much like a real piano. It sounds like a decent synthesized piano... and by synthesized I mean ''not sampled'' lol.

Kiru

Actually, it doesnt only suck on RM player, its sucks in real life. I tried it out last time I was at the music store and it was horrendous. But hey, what do you expect. Its a Casio(shivers in horror)It reminds me of Casio's WK series crappy piano.

p120dUdE

Owner, West Brook Music Studio

Archived