FS: SBS PCI Expansion chassis - Great for UAD and ProTools systems

plammie

• Members

I have for sale a 4U rackmount PCI expansion chassis + cable + host card, made by SBS / Bit 3. With this system, you install the PCI host card in your computer, connect the expansion chassis to the host card and your single PCI slot now becomes multiple PCI slots. This is perfect for Digidesign, ProTools Avid or UAD users because it lets you expand your DAW far beyond the limitations of your motherboard. You can fill this thing with UAD cards and interfaces no problem.

This unit is in good physical condition, however, I am unable to test it. I bought this off eBay with the intention of building a custom DAW, but money is tight and I have to stick with my laptop for now. Unfortunately, the laptop does not have a PCI slot, so I can't connect it. These rarely are sold together -- the empty chassis regularly go for $100-200, and the host card usually for another $150-300, plus another $25 for cable. I paid $300 total for this on eBay, but I am selling mine altogether for $250 + shipping. I'm just trying to get most of my money back and not take a bath on this. :)

Hit me up if you have any questions and I'll do my best to answer them.

Thanks!

-Patrick

• 1 month later...

Archived