A little track I whipped up...

J3RK

• Members

I tossed this together last night. (Had a couple hours of spare time for once.) My SID Station is undergoing more heavy modifications, so I tried to make some sounds that could somewhat take its place. Some are ok. I'd like to rework the sawtooth lead a little. I haven't made a track like this for quite a while. It was fun. Right click the link and "Save As" it probably won't stream very well because of the bitrate.

http://home.comcast.net/~j3rk/193-CrunchyStart.mp3

• Members

Thanks :) I'm thinking of changing the bass a little too. Perhaps a little more agressive. It was just for fun though, so I may not do too much to it. I'm going through one of my up cycles in productivity, so I may take advantage of that and move on to something else. (Can always do minor edits later.)

• Members

ION

Cubase SX2

MiniMoogV

Battery

Analog Warmth

Some distortion plugin (Can't remember which right off hand, as I have a few.)

I've been using software quite a bit lately. I don't have a lot of time for setup, and I have a lot less space than I used to (so my hardware is not often in place when I'm ready to write,) so it just makes more sense for the time being. (And for crunchy little things like this, it works quite well.) When I get a few minutes, I'm going to polish it up a bit. I usually use my SID Station for the little trilly arp things and Lo-Fi basses, but it's in pieces right now. We're making a new rack enclosure for it with better knobs, display, and electronics than the last version we did. We may also design our own SID compatible chip with some slight enhancements.

Anyway, thanks for the comments. I'll post the final version when I get to it.

Archived