FS - Korg D8 Digital Recorder w/ Jaz Drive Backup

mmcquain

• Members

Korg D8 Digital Recorder

8-Tracks - Perfect for Your Home Studio

includes Iomega Jaz Drive with 3 Backup

2GB Cartridges to Save Your Work!

$135 with Free Shipping within 48 states

This unit was purchased new by me for my home studio and is in perfect working condition with very little recording time on it - I just never seem to have time so it's time I pass it along to somebody who will get more use out of it! It comes with the original manual and power supply. I'm also including an Iomega Jaz Drive (also purchased new) and 3 backup cartridges (2GB each) for saving your work. The Jaz Drive connects via the D8's SCSI interface.

The Korg D8 is perfect for home studio and travel use (e.g., record your band gigs directly off the mixer and then go home and overdub additional parts, etc.). The D8 originally cost me $599 (and the Jaz Drive was another $200+) but my starting bid is much more wallet-friendly (don't you just love the prices of technology! LOL). The D8 Digital Recording Studio enables you to easily record high-quality digital audio. From recording to mixdown, you can do it all, including effects (perfect for the home studio, guitarists, keyboardists, etc.)! The D8 utilizes the familiar concepts of a tape recorder but includes so much more - from the 8-track recorder to the 12-channel mixer and the internal effects processors (completely in the digital domain) and since recording and bouncing tracks are performed with 16 bit uncompressed 44.1 kHz CD quality, there is no loss of quality due to compression (or like with analog tape recorders).

For the "one-man band" home users the D8 features 131 internal rhythm (drum) patterns, which are perfect for guitarists, etc. to jam along with! The Audio Trigger Rec function lets you start recording automatically. The Scrub function lets you listen to the recorded data of each track to accurately find the beginning of a phrase. The Mark Memory function lets you earmark up to 100 locations within each recorded song. Similarly to a CD, Repeat Playback and Program Playback functions allow you to repeatedly playback a specified portion of a recorded song, or to playback songs in a programmed order. Editing operations such as recording, copy and paste are performed "non-destructively," allowing the operation to be undone or redone. Precise punch-in/out during a song is easy, and can be done either automatically or manually.

In addition to high and low EQ for each channel, the D8 provides a selection of 65 high-quality digital effects (50 types). The entire mixdown process can be performed on the D8 by itself. This versatile array of effects can be applied to any source while you're recording or on an already-recorded phrase, in one of three locations as a insert or master (send type, global type) effect. Effects can be edited and saved as one of the 65 user effects.

The D8 allows you to create a tempo map so you can synchronize your recording to an external song you've loaded in from a record or CD. The D8 sends MIDI clock synchronization, and can send MTC or respond to MMC messages from compatible rhythm machines, drum machines and sequencers. All connectors needed for use with external devices are standard: SCSI port, S/P DIF digital interface, AUX IN, etc. The SCSI port can be used to connect up to 7 drives (4 Gbyte maximum each) such as hard disks for recording, playback or backup (Iomega Jaz Drive backup with cartridges is included!) The AUX IN/OUT lets you connect to external effects units for additional functionality.

Directly Input Instruments (Guitar, Keyboards, etc.), Microphones or Line-Level Signals - The D8 is designed so that the high quality of full-digital processing is retained even on the analog inputs. The inputs accommodate a range from mic level up to +16 dBu, allowing a variety of sound sources.

The Korg D-8 features:

• 2 weeks later...

Archived