OT: Natural Born Killers and A Clockwork Orange right after each other on Danish TV..

Rasmus-DK

• Members

Yep - my favourite Danish channel, DR2, is sending Natural Born Killers (it's just finished - I'd forgotten how much I like it - NOT the violence - but the constant and intelligent society and media criticism etc...) and right after - right now - they're sending A Clockwork Orange - ooh, how I like license financed, state-owned television that dares to be different...:)

• Members

Both classic films.

Rasmus, I agree with you. These films are great due to their sharp criticism/satire of modern society (especially the media which makes cult stars of criminals)

unfortunatley people focus on the uber-violence of these films instead of the underlying message.

that said, I'd still be scared to watch them one after another :eek:

• Members

Originally posted by vinster333

Both classic films.

Rasmus, I agree with you. These films are great due to their sharp criticism/satire of modern society (especially the media which makes cult stars of criminals)

unfortunatley people focus on the uber-violence of these films instead of the underlying message.

I'm not sure how normal I am this morning, either..;)

- yeah the media criticism and the constant doubt as to who really are the good and the bad guys - the prison manager and the police officer in NBK are REALLY scare to me, too - and A Clockwork is even more radical when it comes to this - remember the police officers? Also, in both films, the underlying question as to whether you really can talk about good and bad guys when society forms you to such extent..

Archived