synthesizer help!

• Members

Hi, I was wondering if you guys could help me. I'm looking at buying another synth. Preferably in the $250-$400 range. What would you guys suggest. I'm looking for vintage analog. Also what are some of you guys favorites in the price range.

• Members

Not exactly vintage, but these two have quite a few tricks up their sleeves:

Roland JX10 / JX8P / MKS70

Probably the OB for you, because of the weird stuff you can get out of it with ease, but the rolands can do most things analogues do :)

With both these you need PC-editors, unless you like programming by numbers...

• Members

the tg33 is anything but 'vintage analog'. very cool synth, though. for experimental sounds in that price range, i think the nord micro modular would be a good choice (if you can deal w/ its interface).

• Members

If I were you, I'd seriously consider the Korg Kaoss 2 pad. It's an effects box and costs about $ 300. That would be perfect for experimental weirdness and morphology. I just got it recently, and the first night I was stuck on this unit for 6 hours. It's INCREDIBLE what you can do with just a mic and this little box. If you already have synths, just hook 'em up wif dis and you're off. It's got MIDI control, a phrase sampler, a great vocoder, lovely delays and it is an instant fountain of creativity and of 'what the hell was THAT'.....? :)

Archived