Birthday SYNTH

Hiya

• Members

Morning !

Hope you guys are okay :-) Just a quickey realy...more slightly off topic, im turning 21 in a bit, ive been saving the cash and working like mad, basicly my question is (sort of a what would you do type of thing): should I blow pritty much all my cash and get a Korg Triton Extreme and have something FANTASTIC to remember it by, or spend less cash on a smaller synth like the ms2000 or novation k's and have some cash for weekend with g/f, and other adventures...

tricky stuff

• Members

having been there... and looking back

spend more on your g/f... buy some cheaper exotic gear. you'll be surprised how much some of the older stuff can do! don't just give in to the 'biggest, newest is best' train of thought.

Great music can be made with relatively few and cheap peices of gear. The triton is great, but so are many workstations.

• Members

Originally posted by Hiya

Morning !

Hope you guys are okay :-) Just a quickey realy...more slightly off topic, im turning 21 in a bit, ive been saving the cash and working like mad, basicly my question is (sort of a what would you do type of thing): should I blow pritty much all my cash and get a Korg Triton Extreme and have something FANTASTIC to remember it by, or spend less cash on a smaller synth like the ms2000 or novation k's and have some cash for weekend with g/f, and other adventures...

tricky stuff

Get something you'll remember. I just turned 21 and I have a burgundy synth sitting on my desk. I didnt get it for my birthday, but I'll definately remember it.

• Members

Originally posted by mr.rob

Well, maybe hopping a plane to corfu with your g/f or something would be memorable too.

I would STRONGLY recommend that you NOT take your girlfriend to Corfu.

Anyone know what I'm talking about??? A little place called the Pink Palace.... :eek:

-G

• Members

Originally posted by radiospace

We could probably answer this question with more authority if you'd post a photo of your girlfriend.

this calls for a new thread! post a pic of your girlfriend AND your synths!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

i'd like to see the girlfriend as well, but i'd say spend some on something that sounds and feels like fun..after you try it out at the loca music store.

sappiness//

but, to be honest..i have to say that i have bought and sold plenty of equipment, and it gets more valuable or devalues and so forth..but i have memories of friends and women and good togetherness that i wouldn't trade for the biggest modular in the world, man.

never, ever, choose plastic keys and microchips over love, man.

//end sappiness

Archived