FS: Phattie snare 5.5x14 NEW and CHEAP

lossforgain

• Members

I've had this beauty for only a couple of months! I've gigged her ONE time, for ONE song.

(I don't play that many gigs... :cry: ) No complaints about her, just trying to decide what to keep and what to let go. We all know the rules -- can't keep everything!

This is an articulate and sensitive drum with plenty of power. To me, this drum has everything people pay much more for in a DW snare. That's one reason I bought it -- I enjoy the DW-style "voice" on occasion but none of the drums in my stable had it. This drum does. It will PUNCH you like you owe it money!

Size: 14"x5.5"

Thickness: 10 Plies

Shell: Maple Keller VSS

Hardware: Solid brass tube lugs, Chrome Plating

Strainer: Dunnett R-Class with swivel function

Finish: Silver Glass Glitter (aka DW "Broken Glass") with Red Glass inlay

Snare wires: imported german metal wires, nice and snappy

Heads: Evans Power Center Reverse Dot coated/Remo Ambassador snare-side

Dennis Stauffer of Phattie Drums is a great guy with a well-deserved reputation for what he does. Here's a link to his website, where you can see the button to order one new for $349 in single colors. My drum is a custom size with a custom multi-band wrap, and 1/3 less!

http://www.phattiedrums.com/web/phattiesnares.htm

The first photo is the original photo I got from Dennis, then the rest are photos from today. Today's pics show DC hoops which will not come with the drum -- the original triple-flange hoops will be back on. Also please note, there is no trouble with the wrap on the badge panel -- it's a reflection from the lug tube (they are quite shiny).

SilverRed.jpg

PHfront.jpg

PHbadge.jpg

PHinsidebadge.jpg

PHthrow.jpg

PHunder.jpg

EDIT: $244 SHIPPED in the US48!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived