FS: vintage Sabian pre-AA 21" Rock Ride

lossforgain

• Members

From the first era of Sabian, this is what I've heard called a "pre-AA" -- since the AA designation had not yet been marketed or put onto the cymbals. This is my favorite era of Sabians in general, and I've owned several pre-AAs and vintage HHs.

This Rock Ride is a wonderful sounding cymbal, but certainly heavy. If you want that BIG ping sound with a bell that will CUT your face in half, this is the cymbal for you. Strangely enough, I still wouldn't classify this one as a "manhole cover" since I think of those as the clangy and toneless plates that you find with the "rock" model name on them today. The ping is clear and clean, and more belltone than clang. I think it's a great cymbal, and one of the best for this kind of sound.

No dings, dents, cracks, hole or edge problems, or anything wrong at all. Ink logos are strong, and natural playing marks and patina are present. She's well-taken care of and will take good care of you. At 3465g, she can probably beat up any bullies in your neighborhood.

preAA21rock1.jpg

preAA21rock2.jpg

Only $135 shipped in the US48!

Archived