FS: 1964 or 65 Ludwig keystone Supraphonic 402

lossforgain

• Members

I've decided to offer this up before the Delaware Drum Show to my forum friends for a good price. EDIT: Make that a great price. Adjusting based on input from friends...

This is a 6.5x14 Ludwig Supra, aka LM402, from the mid 60s. I thought it was a '65 based on the serial number and white felt BB muffler, but others tell me they think it's a '64. It's definitely a player's drum, with a goodly amount of pitting and flaking, scratches and some pitting on the lugs, and all the good wear that marks an average condition '60s Ludaloy Supra. The worst is the flaking on the bottom edge, but I've made sure that's not going to ruin the head and have had no problem seating and tuning one. Additionally, the throwoff is a later P83, and the top hoop may be a replacement, as are the snare wires (snappy snares). COS hoops. This drum has definitely been played and loved, but it's got a lot of living left to do.

I made the mistake of playing this drum in practice yesterday - and it's awesome. And I don't even like 402s that much. I would be very happy to keep it, but need the money more. Not looking for trades on this one, thanks. Any pricing or other questions, please feel free to PM me.

The last one (in much nicer condition) went on ebay for over $1250. I don't expect near that, but these don't come up very often. If you'd like one but don't want the big price tag on a high-grade drum, here's your chance.

$465 $399 shipped and PayPal'd in the US48.

PM me to discuss details, scroll down for pics. Thanks!

DSCN3565.jpg

DSCN3566.jpg

DSCN3567.jpg

DSCN3568.jpg

Interior

Bottom edge 1

Bottom edge 2

Bottom edge 3

Archived