PLUG_ins. The ones you love :), the ones you HATE ;(

tdm71

• Members

Looking to DIVE into the plug-in market for Pro Tools and Digital Performer. Just so everyone understands when I refer to "plug-ins", I'm excluding all VIRTUAL INSTRUMENTS, I'm only considering audio processing plugs (eq, reverb, efx, filters, ...you get the point)

Thought it would be helpful for myself and everyone else to compile a list of what everyone feels is there CAN'T live without staples for EQ, MASTERING, FX, COMPRESSION, as wll as, off the wall, unique crazy plugs.

Also, a list of "AVOID AT ALL COSTS", "NOT WORTH THE HYPE OR THE $", "BEST BANG FOR THE BUCK" list of plugs would be cool to:)

THANKS for the info in advance:D

• Members

I used to use PT LE on a Mac. The most useful plug ins I have yet to use for bread and butter are the McDSP filter bank and compressor bank. Damn, I just can't get the same thing from other stuff!

The bombfactory stuff all sounds great.

Imo, this stuff trumps the waves plug ins when we're talking redundant functions though waves has more crap on offer in their platinum and diamond bundles etc. You buy a big waves bundle then prepare to take in in the ass when the next o.s. comes and you must update.

GRM Tools 1 and 2 are handy for totally warping sounds.

I have not tried some of the newer stuff by Sony or Soundtoys.

• Members

Motion (a free synth edit synth) drives me nuts its soo power hungry my poor machine has difficulty with more and one note at a time. Pity cos its a great prog just make sure you have a 2 GHz machine and a big screen.

Mike.

• Members

Originally posted by Analog Kid

ha, we know your trying to cheat by recommending Reaktor for its PROCESSING capabilitites, but in truth your all hot and bothered to load up them synthsizers...

you social deviants are alike. trying to SUBVERT common morality

OMG SHHHH!!!! What I do in my home is none of your business, mister!!:eek:

• Members

There just can't be plugins you hate - almost every single one has a trial, and if you have never heard of Start > Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs, I pity you.

Unless you were so smart to buy 'm before trying, just based on rave reviews.

• Members

Originally posted by Plastic Baby

Yeah for sure, but i think he means did we try them and then hated them.

Its a clever thread i guess, we can save him some hard work downloading
:D

P.B.

Yea exactly!! ;)

• Members

Originally posted by DodgingRain

Doesn't that one cause the denormalization issue on the P4 to popup?

I don't know what "denormalization" means, but anyway the Delay Lama is mostly a funny joke

I don't use actual plugins for my music, but I like the concept and some of them rock (I have lots of free plugins that I sometimes use informally)

Archived