nord modular gas!

space cred

• Members

Originally posted by scotron

anyone have any reason that i should reconsider buying a used nord modular?... i want to use it as a controller for softsynths if this matters

Yes. You are nuts and out of your mind if you don't use its own potential first (it's a modular synth, remember). Rather get a Novation Remote25 if you need a small controller. If this were real life, I'd probably whack you with a stick for even suggesting this :D.

also.. what do these normally go for used? thanks!

$700-$800.

• Members

i should have been more specific yoozer, but don't worry.. i am aware of its awesome potential.. i was just wondering about stuff like kiru brought up, which were very good points.

i'm also veeerry tempted to grab the remote 25.. i've temporarily owned both an evolution controller and an edirol, but there's something about those ones that rubbed me the wrong way..

i came to the modular because i figured if i was going to spend 4 -500 bucks, i might as well get a used synth.

i actually bought a dx7 a little while ago, but what i didn't consider when i bought it is that its very big and very heavy, and therefore not that practical for when i move out of the folks' basement (again)

any suggestions for small used sythns that i could get that would also function well as a controller? for approx. 400 US?

Archived