im lookin for a good keyboard amp

• Members

im a guitarist and i play thru processors with drum and bass machines. im goin thru a crate 15 watt keyboard amp now. it sounds great at low volume but when im out and crank it up.......its just not enough watts. i got this roland 100 watter and that one kicks ass. but its too big to go out on little gigs. whats a decent one, and whats the lowest wattage i could get away. im lookin at the peavey 20 watts and the roland 40 watts..........crate also makes a 50 watts keyboard amp. which one do you recommend? whats some of the best names in keyboard amps?

• Members

Sounds like a case for a Peavey KB3 (50 watts and 12") to me. Alt pair of Peavey Minx 110's (70 watts with pair & two tens) for more air movement, little more watts available and stereo abilty. The Minxs also work great with processed guitar going into em. I use a pair myself for keyboards, guitar, & bass guitar. Everything stereo. The Peavey basic 112 bass combo could also work well, 50 watts & one 12. Maybe need to raise treble control on it a tad more for equal to Minx's treble response.

• Members

There is no such thing. You have to go beyond keyboard amps and the the crappy PA gear sold at Guitar Center to get something that really sounds good. Hopefully someday in the future good keyboard amps will be made. You could try a pair of JBL EON15 at Guitar Center they are OK.

• Members

Originally posted by rintincop

There is no such thing. You have to go beyond keyboard amps and the the crappy PA gear sold at Guitar Center to get something that really sounds good. Hopefully someday in the future good keyboard amps will be made. You could try a pair of JBL EON15 at Guitar Center they are OK.

I second that endorsement of the JBL EON15's, but make sure you try the G2 (the "G2" signifies that it is second generation, or "Generation Two" I guess) - much more powerful than the non-G2's.

I have a pair + I love 'em: I use for keys, vocals, acoustic guitar, CD's, drum machine - everything!

:cool::D

• Members

Originally posted by rintincop

I make a living with a Motion Sound KP-100s, a KP-200s, and JBL EON's. Just because one person can't get a decent sound out of a keyboard amp doesn't mean the amp is at fault. Motion Sound amps rule (or I wouldn't own two of them), but I got nothing against EON's either... that's why I own all of the above.

Archived