Best Organ Simulator

rintincop

• Members

The nord electro sounds almost PERFECT - I know someone who has one bought because he didn't want to take his real Hammond to play in the band (It's a bit heavy;)). He can compare them - and he is convinced of the the electro. Just check out the samples at

http://www.clavia.se/MP3s/index.htm#electro

or

http://www1.keyboards.de/magazine/m1102/nord.html

• Members

My take on the situation:

CX3 - totally dig the rip roaring sounds and overdrive from hell

VK8 - the keybed / drawbars / layout is absolutely dreamy

Electro - to have the delicious Rhodes, Wurlitzer, Clavinet - the icing on the cake

:cool:

• Members

I know someone who plays the B3 for a living and another gentleman who has been obsessed with Hammond organs for most of his life (a church guy). The latter can practically build one from scratch and can talk about drawbar settings and tricks to get different sounds out of the organ until your eyes roll back in your head.

Both dudes are floored by the Nord.

• Members

I have not plaid the Electro but I used to own the CX3 which was more convincing than the VK7 I currently use in regards to leslie sim and the "flutier" drawbar settings. However IMO the Roland has more authentic full drawbar settings, the Korg's are not brassy/steely enough. I like the VK8's chorus the best, more authentic or not.

Nothing I have plaid yet has the "stank" of the Emu B3's 888 sample. It sounds so real you can almost smell those greasy hammond guts grinding together. Unfortunately it is just a clunky sample that doesn't trigger as naturally as the modeled clones. I opted to have something that plays more naturally.

I have about $700 raised towards a used Electro. I have high hopes for its reputedly raw, in-your-face sound. I miss the playability of the CX3 but it was a little processed-sounding.

• Members

The Voce V5 has lots of balls and the natural drawbar sound is nice but the Chorus/vibrato really sucks. If you had a chorus pedal, tube distortion pedal and leslie or other simulator, it might be close to the best sound but you still don't get the waterfall keys, so it's kinda out of the running when compared to the other clones. I happen to like the Cx-3 and I own a b3. The new roland vk-8 kinda pisses me off with it' s lack of LCD and difficulty in tweeking, although it sounds good. The electro is pretty smokin' sounding but the lack of real drawbars is still kinda of a drag. However, with the killer rhodes and other sounds, it's a fair trade off and just might be the best deal.

• Members

I played my Electro again last night for the first time in a while and was completely blown away by it all over again. That thing just rips.

I still honestly think though that the VK7 that I used to own has the best overdriven "beat up" Hammond sound of all of them. You can adjust the leakage and that's one thing that I miss with the Electro. The Electro sounds like a perfect new Hammond. I like the gritty sounding ones.

Archived