FT: early 1970's Ampeg SVT w/ original 810. Ohio

noisevayne

• Members

Up for trade is my early 70's Ampeg SVT head with its 810 cab. These were from the Magnavox era, as stated on the back of the head and on the 810 cab near the serial number. The two are in perfect working condition and were both thoroughly inspected/maintained by the master amp technician Brad Frederici. This rig is LOUD! Though I am not the original owner, I have never played a gig with it. I've only used it for approx. 6 hours of recording and 10 hours of practice time since it was last maintained by the amp doctor.

This is a silver face model with black lettering. The original 6550's are still in there and working perfectly. All of the other tubes have been replaced with EH's. I will included a new set of EH 6550's for future use. New caps were installed and the entire inside of the amp was cleaned. The head and cab were both retolexed about two years ago. The original tolex was completely shredded. It looks very nice; almost like a reissue model. The tolex used was Ampeg's. However, some of the tolex is lightly pealing on the cab. The head's tolex looks perfect other than in the back-bottom there are a few staples holding the tolex in. It is not noticeable unless you look closely at the back of the amp. There are also a few scratches in the faceplate of the head. By the power/polarity switches, there looks to be a phone number scratched lightly into it. Though it is the original faceplate, a brand new exact replica can be purchased cheaply from Fliptops. The serial number is located at the back-bottom-right of the amp.

The 4-pin input jack on the 810 cab was replaced by a sealed 1/4" input jack and plate--both Ampeg-made parts. Also, this cab was made before Ampeg invented the tilt-back design. These cabs originally had the caster-cart. Though the original cart is missing, I've constructed one for the cab that looks pretty close to an original. All 8 original speakers are in perfect working order without distortion or other problems. The Ampeg/Magnavox serial number is located on the front of the cab, behind the grill cloth.

Serial numbers

SVT: 732XX-1

810: 245XX

I am looking to trade for newer Ampeg equipment. Though I like the vintage look and tone of this beast, I prefer modern tones and lots of tone control. I'm looking specifically for SVT II Pros, SVT II's, SVT AV's, SVT CL's, and any other 300watt Ampeg tube heads out there. I have no need for speaker cabinets, however, I may be interested in a Mesa/Boogie stack in trade. I will explore head+cash or head+other trade deals. With equipment of this size, they will need to be picked up; I will not ship these. Come on over and try them out! They sound great! Sorry for the pics; the camera used was not very good

PayPal price to own the head+cab: $1590.

04/18/07 EDIT: I am now willing to sell just the head for $1400. I will ship the head CONUS for $1500.

email: noisebox_12@hotmail.com

DCP_0048-1.jpg

Archived