Peavey Classic 400 - 400W Tube monster :D $750

Ray Salamon

• Members

You've seen them on here numerous of times.

You've even had the PM typed out saying that you would buy that one that was for sell a couple of months ago.

But then that other shiny thing caught your eye, so you didn't buy it.

Well, here's your chance to come through .

Up on the chop block is my Peavey Classic 400.

If, somehow, you don't know a lot about this amazing head, go here:

www.classic400.com

That has about every shred of detail you need, all in one nice place .

Mine's the black carpet version. In immaculate shape, too.

Mismatched set of power tubes, but according to my local tech they all test fine, and are matched spec wise, just different names on the tubes. If I recall correctly, there's 4 of one name, 4 of another, but I'd have to crack it open to verify this.

Pictures will be available tomorrow evening when I get it back from the tech. He's just going over it once to make sure it's all fine, test the tubes and all that good stuff.

I'm thinking $750 is where I'm going to start this one off. That's slightly high from what it seems that these go for here, but, price is negotiable.

Only trades that would catch my eye would be other vintage tube amps, especially Ampegs. V4Bs, SVTs etc. SVT-CLs/AVs need not apply.

My main reason for selling is that "my" tone lies with Ampeg. Between my SVT-CL and 1969 SVT, I can get my loud tones done quite well, so having this 400W monster is just over kill.

E-mail (rjsalamon (at) hotmail (dot) com) is generally the best method to get me. Feel free to float all cash and trade offers to me. The worst I'll do is think about it and say no.

Trades I'd really be interested in:

6 string higher end basses

All tube ampegs

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Thanks, Ray. The beast is at my house. Nice to meet you and I'll let you know how it sounds with our setup.

Thanks for the compliment about our band. I think the C400 is gonna make a huge difference in our gravity.

It was nice meeting you as well today.

The C400 will help your bassist get some decent tone now ;). You can run that thing balls to the wall and bring him to the front, or just run the crunch channel and have him grind out a nice groove.

Or, as we also discussed, you can plug your guitar into it. God help anyone within a mile of you if you do, though!

Let me know if you guys get anything near me. If I'm still around here when that festival thing goes down, I'll make that.

Archived