I think I'm going to start running food through my MS-20

• Members

Awesome! It's like astrally projecting yourself into a disco. or something.

Great sample - how did you slow it down? My only critique (that you didn't ask for at all) would be to barely reduce the volume on all the samples (except for the "for a guy who's been around"). They seem a little front and center.

And that is some sick filtery goodness.

• Members

Thanks cl516 and Teves. I think you're right about the sample, Teves; I added some compression to bring it up last night, but I think it was too much. I'll drop the volume a bit on it. I also want to finess the beginning a little bit, make it a bit more solid, but yeah, I spent all night yesterday getting the stereo image on the filtered part one chanel at a time (I'd need two MS-20's to get realtime stereo), and overall I'm really stoked on the song.

• Members

Ha Ha Ha very 1980s:)

IMO a little too repetative from the back end of the middle to where the outro starts, the effects can't quite carry the loop all the way, maybe look at something else going on to keep it interesting, or put in a middle 8 or something to break it up.

Easy with the self resonance on the filter too, sometimes less is more.

Not bad though:D

• Members

Originally posted by Winston Winslow

Put a DX7 (Yes...i know) through the external MS-20 input and with setting the inputlevel on overdrive and tweaking the filters, you knock the socks out of a Heavy/Death/NuMetall guitarist. This combination rocks!
:cool:

Yeah, I was just floored by how much space was imparted to the sound by overdriving the input a bit. Dang, it just turned it into this huge sound, like it was live or something.

Archived