FS-Vintage Earth amp and cab.

Bernie P.

• Members

I bought this rig brand new in 75.The head is the all tube 200 watt Super Bass/B-2000.All of the controls work but there are some issues.The volume in one channel is rushed going to full vol quickly.Most pf the pots can use a cleaning.You'll hear scratchy noise when adjusting them but they all work fine.I'm no tech but I think all the issues can be fixed at a reasonable cost.The cab is the B-25 2x15.I'm not sure but I think they're Altec Lansings.No issues with the cab other than minor cosmetics-a couple small punctures on one side about pea size.Both have the padded blue metal-flake tuck and roll covering.The grill is black cloth.Overall I'd rate the cab 9 cosmetically and 10 functionally.The head 7-8 elecs wise and 10 cosmetically.Overall really good shape.Very nice warm tube sound.I'll get some pics up soon.

Price is $450.00 plus actual UPS shipping and insurance.

I'm about 30 miles N of Utica NY.Pick up welcome.

Thanks for looking!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

The B2000 is 100 watts, not 200.

Is the price for the amp and cab both?

The head is a little low powered for bass (if you're playing loud rock & roll), but makes a KILLER guitar amp, much in the same ballpark as the Ampeg V4 perhaps (BEEFY). Maybe you should list this in the guitar amp section too.

• Members

No it's 200 watts.Yes the price is for both.

I already have someone that lives close to my area that wants it but won't have the money until sometime in June.If that falls through I'll list it in the git amp ad's as well.I'm hoping it works out as I'd much rather have it picked up than ship.

Thanks!

• Members

The Earth B2000 I have is 100 watts, two channels. If yours has 4 power tubes, it's probably also 100 watts. I know Earth did make a bunch of different amps and so maybe I'm mistaken. On the other hand, sometimes people get confused because amps might say "400 watts" (or whatever) on the back, but that's power consumption, not output (very common mistake among people who are not gear experts). So it's possible that the B2000 is 200 watts power consumption. I'm not trying to argue, just clarify.

Maybe you'll post pics? I love Earth amps.

By the way, if your rig has all the buttons and not a lot of rips and tears in the vinyl, that is really excellent. Most of these older "tuck&roll" amps have some battle scars.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived