FS: Mesa Walkabout Head

• Members

This is a used Mesa M-Pulse Walkabout Head. It has a few scratches as shown in pictures. Comes with power adapter and gig bag. Only problem is it isn't working right. Little to no sound comes out, and when it does it's really distorted. I'm pretty sure it is the output circuit and pre amp issue. Quoted fix for that MAY cost up to 180 bucks, so I'm taking that off of my asking price. HOWEVER...now after having a similar sound problem on my Lonestar, it COULD BE an issue with the effects loop and not having any cables between them, however I do not have a tube in there right now, so I can't try that out.

Features from Mesa's site:

M-Pulse Walkabout

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Members

This is an older head. There was an update to the head that removed one of the ins and made it a toggle between active and passive. I believe (but I don't remember for sure) this contributed to some of the issues that the early on heads had.

ANYWAY...great amp for a great price; odds are the fix isn't going to be too extensive or expensive.

• Members

Have you tried replacing the preamp tubes to help solve the problem? Also, you may want to get it fixed before selling. Not too many people will want to buy something that has an issue whose exact source is not known.

FWIW, Ive had the same exact model for close to ten years now. The only issue Ive ever had to deal with are replacing the tubes.

• Members
Have you tried replacing the preamp tubes to help solve the problem? Also, you may want to get it fixed before selling. Not too many people will want to buy something that has an issue whose exact source is not known.

FWIW, Ive had the same exact model for close to ten years now. The only issue Ive ever had to deal with are replacing the tubes.

Like the original post said....it's up for sale as is. I don't play bass anymore, and I dont want to spend time or effort or money fixing it...whatever that cost may be. It may just need new tubes and a bypassing of the effects loop or something....not sure. Could be someones chance to get it for a steal. If not, no big deal.

• 4 weeks later...