Vintage Ampeg V4B Bass Head.

Caleb Knockin

• Members

Oooops... posted this in the wrong section before. :facepalm:

Also up on the flebay. Here's the info:

A friend of mine just passed on this old tank to me the other day. He had kept it in his closet, only pulling it out from time to time to noodle with. He finally got tired of not having the closet space, I suppose, and passed it on to me. Unfortunately, I don't have any need for a bass head as a guitar player, though I must say, guitar sounds pretty good through this thing.

In any case, it's tested, and all the tubes fire up, and all the pots seem responsive, as well as the Ultra Hi, Ultra Lo, etc. switches. Every setting works, and quite well for something this old. It's a quiet amp too, for its age.

The standy light is out, however. Other than that, cosmetically, it's in okay condition. There are some nicks and a place where what looks like paint has been "misplaced" as you can see from the frontal picture. It's just a small little smudge. That's the only place it exists, thankfully. Other than that, I've done my best to clean it. Cleaned the chassis as well as I could, scrubbed the tolex and front panel, and cleaned unerneath the knobs around the pots. The only blemish there seems to some markings where someone had placed their ideal settings for the amp. That can washed off with some stronger solution, I'm sure.

Internally, everything is there. The tubes are original I'm told, and according to the original owner, only have about 5-6 hours of play time on them, in total. He's only taken it out a handful of times to make sure it still works and can play well. Oddly enough, there does seem to be one 7027A tube missing. I was thinking about replacing the tubes, but I know very little about Ampegs, so I decided against it. Plus, they're original and working, so I figured that was probably worth something to many.

All the inputs are working, the ohm switch works. Tested it on several cabs. I only switched it on to make sure it works, I know it's inadvisable to run the amp without the tube in it.

As this amp is vintage, I am selling it as-is. But know, it is in working condition, and with a little TLC will be good as new. I don't have much of a rep as a seller yet, but if you need references, I can get you some easily. I've sold on many gear sites and such.

In any case, any questions you may have, feel free to ask away! Thanks, and good luck!

Ampeg001.jpg

Ampeg002.jpg

Ampeg003.jpg

Ampeg004.jpg

Ampeg005.jpg

Ampeg006.jpg

Ampeg009.jpg

Ampeg010.jpg

Ampeg013.jpg

Make me an offer!

If it sells here, yes, I will pull it from the 'bay.

Archived