OT: The Nature of your Nicks

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

well my name's Carl. in Jr. High and High School I was one of those at-risk kids who wore lots of black and did crazy things..... spouting off about dangerous subjects (this was of course pre-Columbine so I got away with most of it). it wasn't long before i was regularly called crazy carl. when i signed up here i figured i'd just change the lettering for some reason.

• Members

Its the Waldorf Q and the Waldorf WAVE I used mainly when I came up with this nick name. And I didn't changed the nick. But I may ad mini after the QWAVE because the old and new Minis are being used here more and more.

• Members
Originally posted by Qwave

Its the Waldorf
Q
and the Waldorf
WAVE
I used mainly when I came up with this nick name. And I didn't changed the nick. But I may ad
mini
after the
QWAVE
because the old and new Minis are being used here more and more.

After seeing your nick here Qwave, i new exactly where it came from (hint: your signature "Keep on turning these knobs" gave it away) as i have been on the Waldorf forum for quite a few years now. Although I was surprised that you did not make it QWaveWave :)

• Members
I was surprised that you did not make it QWaveWave

:) :) :)

Or like this:
QWaveWaveMqkRaMwXtMinimoogVoyagerMonowaveMonowaveWaveslaveChameleon ?
;)
I see your a well informed. But actually the second WAVE is lend to a friend of mine. So it rather should read QWave+Wave@SCD :)

• Members

I bet I have the nerdiest story!:D

I used to frequent the X-Files chatroom in Yahoo (untill a "rogue gang" of jerkass hackers who all had "nWo" or "Joker" somewhere in their name invaded the boards and made it an impossibly unenjoyable place. But I digress...). One day we were talking about those pokey things that would kill the shapeshifting aliens when you stabbed them in the back of the neck. I said the prop department used a modified metal etcher. During the discussion, it was variously misspelled as first "meat" etcher, and then "maet" etcher. I liked the second spelling a lot (for some reason), so "Maet Etcher" became my screen name from then on. It is also a name I plan to use if I ever complete a song, so YOU CAN'T USE IT!:p

I shortened it to Etcher for this forum, but now I'm growing tired of it, as it really makes no sense, nor is it very cool.
So from now on, just call me Danger Snakes!:D

• Members

By the way, I'm really glad someone started this thread, as I've been itchin' to for quite a while now, but was always afraid someone would go "oh, please!" and then post a link to an old thead that everyone else had read a long time ago.

Thanks!

• Members

mine is basically a concatination of the words cyan and hue.
cyan+hue=cyanhue
I like the color and I was origianlly tring to finx a hotmail account that wasn't taken yet (4 o 5 years ago) and this is what I could think of , I kep using it as a nick because I like it and it's usually not taken.

• Members

This actually came up in the Mr Bungle thread a couple weeks ago. California was the first album I'd ever heard that showed me what music could be when the artists weren't worried about making a platinum hit bestseller. I'd been listening to nothing but rock and hip hop until then and the album really opened my eyes and made me want to make my own music. "Human light show" is a phrase from a song on that cd.

• Members

"Jeez", that name goes back.... In high school I use to think it'd be funny to pretend to be God, and name my son Jesus. Then (much later) I realised that people thought I was kinda arrogant to go around calling myself God, so I demoted myself to Son of God, and obscured the name a little. Kinda gone into hiding, if you like.

...then I discovered Buddhism. :cool:

Forever,

Kim.

• Members
Originally posted by Smokin-Man

I wanted Dana Scully, but for some reason I knew it just wouldn't click sooooooooooo.....

Hell, man, I STILL want Dana Scully :eek:

As for mine, I used to test web software for a dot-com, and I had to sign up for endless numbers of websites, mailing lists, etc. Of course I wasn't gonna use any of my real info, so I'd make up new names, addresses, etc as I went. It was pretty boring, so over time, I developed an imaginary person named Classy D, who I imagined as some sort of 80s hip-hop supersuperstar. Even after that, it was pretty boring, so I would spell it all sorts of different. After a while I got bored of being bored, and just stuck with the last alternate spelling, Klas Eed. But it's easier typing one word, so it became Klaseed.

Boring, isn't it?

• Members

My initials are R A D and I have been a man for quite awhile now , and since I pride myself on being radically non-conformist and eccentrically experimental in all things musical, philosophical, spiritual, sexual and metaphysical, it just seemed a natural conclusion to an already abused and generally misunderstood lifestyle :IE: BEING, LIVING, DOING, LOVING, LEARNING: RADICOOL.
Peace Love Electric RAD :cool:
The Radman.

• Members

Mine is, I believe a quite informed reflection of my inner struggle to accurately portray my feelings in an existential and situationalist fashion while at the same time staying true to the ethnic tribal references present in most of the Van Gogh style artwork. If you don't see the connections, you are therefore not informed and must be ignorant...

• Members
Originally posted by Klaseed

Hell, man, I STILL want Dana Scully
:eek:

HA! My girlfriend won an X-Files look-alike contest in Seattle.
She looks like Scully.:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

I'll try to find a pic one of these days...

Archived