Ampeg SVT-Classic for SVT-1000 Trade

Spence_SBTB

• Members

Hi guys. Was wondering if anyone in Western NY (since shipping on these heads is expensive due to the weight) has an Ampeg SVT -1000 head they would be interested in making a deal to trade for a recent SVT-Classic head.

Why do I want to downgrade? I love the SVT-Classic head... sounds great, but I'm getting divorced and will be broke for the foreseeable future. Because I know the importance of maintaining a tube head (be good to it and it will be good to you), I won't be able to keep this baby running the way I want (meaning the cost of replacing tubes). And now that my band is gigging regular, I don't want to take an expensive piece of gear around.

So why would you want my head? It's a tube, American made Ampeg SVT (the industry standard), of course. I guess someone interested in doing this would probably be someone who got an SVT-1000 is disatisfied with the lack of that tube growl and wishes they just ponied up and paid the extra for the SVT-Classic instead. Or maybe you're scared your going to blow your speakers again (my one pal has blown his fridge cab three times already with his SVT-1000).

So what's the deal? Used SVT-1000's are going for $500-$600. Used SVT-Classics go for $800-$1000. I will need some cash on top to make this worth my while. I could use a head road case or really nice padded cover for the SVT-1000. We can talk.

What am I not interested in? I am set on the SVT-1000. Please don't contact me offering all kinds of other gear. Sorry. I'm not interested and I won't return those e-mails. But if you are interested in upgrading to the SVT-Classic, I'd love to work something out.

Thanks...

Spence

spence@slightlybetterthanbad.com

Archived