SWR Workingman 15 working chassis $150 +

Bim1959

• Members

I've got a nice recently overhauled working chassis from a Workingman 15 combo amp. It was damaged in shipping when I acquired it, so I dedented it, replaced the pots, IEC connector, power switch and most of the jacks.

I dont have the cabinet it was in and didnt get it with it.

The only major changes I did to it were to remove the switch that turned the horn off and on, removed the headphone jack and put a micro toggle switch in to replace the push-pull pot for the limiter.

I havent put it in photobucket, so the only link I have for pics is:

http://quadcities.craigslist.org/msg/1575610567.html

This will be great for someone who's good at woodworking so they can make their own shell for it.

I'm asking $150 + shipping or trade for some Peavey baskets (I need 18" black widow and 15" black widow & scorpion plus baskets) or a handheld digital recorder.

• Members

Wow. Amazing. Here in my neck of the woods I've never seen both the head AND 2x10 go for $200. Then again, I hardly ever see 2x10 cabinets around here. Usually around $500 - $600 used with a 4x10 cabinet, but never as low as you said. And those I've seen were on CL.

Sounds like I'm better off buying some cheap MDF, making & painting a bs shell for it.

• Members

Of course different regions will have different pricing. That's why I base my pricing off ebay (because nobody in eastern IA is going to ask what they're going for in eastnc). And when I see 2004 heads going for $299 I look at mine and say that with alot of the guts being new even though it's beat-up looking I should still be able to get $150 for it. Heck, I recently sold a beat-up 2004 head with shell for $200. Like I said, I can always make a MDF shell for it if nobody wants the chassis as is.

• Members

Sorry Bim, I wasn't trying to come across the wrong way. My first post (#3) was in response to your second (#2) where you seemed surprised that you didn't have any takers for the repaired chassis. I don't feel that either of my previous two posts were complaints, but instead were an attempt to help you understand why the chassis hasn't sold.

I just want you to know that I wasn't trying to piss on your boots.

TM

Archived