Ashdown ABM500 Bass Amp Head Made in UK

personatech

• Members

This is a pre-EVO head called simply the Ashdown Bass Magnifier ABM500 with a build date of June 1999. It's been my workhorse for the last five years and during that time I've had absolutely no problems with it. The seven-band EQ and blendable ss/tube preamp give it all sorts of sonic variety with a great creamy tube tone or you dial it back to all solid state or somewhere in-between. The built-in "subharmonizer" octaver is the stuff of legend. Oh, and it's very loud - it absolutely rocked with an Acme B2. The only reason I'm moving on is that I'm getting up in years (53) and wanted a more portable rig, so I bought a MarkBass LMT and Schroeder 15+L which meets my needs fine. I think the tone of the Ashdown is "tubier" than the MB by a bit but the light weight of the MarkBass is really helping me schlep this stuff around and I can't justify having both. Oh, and as an extra bonus, I'll include an extra Ashdown VU meter although the one installed is working fine. $475 shipped CONUS, Paypal gladly accepted!

For the sake of full disclosure, the corners show some wear and there's a small tear in the tolex. Also, the electric plug socket in the back has just a bit of "give" to it but is absolutely trouble-free.

I'm hoping to raise funds for a specific purchase or two so I'm reluctant to consider trades. That being said, I'd certainly consider a Lakie Scheff or DJ4, a Fender 75RI Jazz, Schroeder or LDS cabs (especially a 1215L!), LYT pedalboard or an FEA Labs Compressor.

100_0318.JPG

100_0321.JPG

100_0322.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

Archived