FS: 3x Madison e-600 Bass Amps - (easy fixer uppers) 600 watts - $ 150

surfingbird

• Members

I bought four of these off of ebay, they all have the same problem, the filter caps are bad, I replaced the four filter caps on one amp, and now its in my rig, but I dont have the energy now to do the rest, your gain!!

Here are pictures of the caps you need and the amps for sale (all three - one price)

2 left - 75 shipped a piece

IMG_0103.jpg

IMG_0104.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

BUYER BEWARE. I bought one of these from surfingbird. I can't say whether or not the filter caps are bad because I couldn't get that far. When I received the amp I found it was missing all of the screws that hold the cover on. All of the screws that hold the pc board in are missing. The preamp tube is missing. A capacitor (not a filter cap) is broken in two with the metal showing. The fuse was blown. The direct out pot is bent and there was no chord supplied. When I replaced the fuse (with the correct fuse of course) and powered the amp on, sparks literally flew out of this amp. Who even knows what other problems it has. I have a feeling I am stuck with this amp but hopefully I am proven wrong. I have yet to hear back from SurfingBird.

• Members

First off, new amp coming at you lockedandloaded

Secondly, I am not responsible for any incompetence on the repairer's part, if you know what your looking at, and know how to test equipment, there shouldnt be a problem, its a broken amp for god's sake, that you bought for 70 shipped - you should know that repairing is in the future for these amps

The part with the missing screws and such, is completely my fault, that is why there is another amp coming your way, I accept responsibilty for that

:thu: CHEERS

No hard feelings I hope

Archived