Howard Jones is over-rated!

• Members

Originally posted by TDman

Trying to bring something positive to the world makes you a new age hippy? Well, it's better than all this cynical oh-woe-is-me {censored}e so prevalent today...
:mad:
:mad:

my apologies...

I hadn't realised the Howard Jones fan club was still a going concern

• Members

Time for an 80s history lesson for you neophytes who were in diapers at the time:

Duran Duran = new romantic synth band from the UK; Major Hits included Rio, Girls on Film and Hungry Like The Wolf. Keyboardist: Nick Rhodes

who produced: Kajagoogoo (sp) who were basically a one hit wonder band with the song "Too Shy"

Howard Jones = 80s singer, keyboardist also from the UK who had the following big hits: No One Is To Blame, An Everlasting Love, etc. Howard was known for his spiky blond hair and performing as a solo act surrounded by keyboards. At the time, Keyboard magazine almost called him the Keith Emerson of new wave. In fact, they did a cover story, where Keith and HoJo interviewed each other.

Any questions?

• Members

I have heard of him, but I'm not too familiar with his music; perhaps he was the most brilliant pop musician since the Beatles. However, I just can't get behind his cheesy electronic one-man-band gimmick. Actually, a guy I used to take piano lessons from does those types of gigs. He's available for weddings, funerals, birthday partys, barmitzvas...:D

Archived