HELP needed w/ yamaha TX802!

• Members

So I just purchased the TX802, and I really like the sounds and the potential to edit just about everything... Also, the idea of having a 48 Operator (Osc) synth makes me wet my pants.

However, as you all know, it's more than a handful editing... does anyone have suggestions for CHEAP software editing solutions? I dont really use software editors, as I can edit my MS2000 and Alpha Juno from the front panel and my Micro Mod comes with an editor. I might use it for my TG55, but that would be it...

Also, I've found a few sites with patches specifically for the TX802, and I hear most DX patches work on it as well. I've never done a midi dump or sent data of that kind to my synths, so I have no idea how that works. Any advice in that front???

Thanks in advance...

• Members

i used to have one. The patches are DX with some extra bytes thrown in. There is a convertor for patches.

you can look on Synthzone for it.

it might be worth getting soundiver to get the most out of your synth. Then again, there might be some free ones, i dont know...

• Members

all online DX 32 voice banks with patches load no problem into TX802. there's like 8000 of them..

there's no difference in voice arhitecture at all. except that performance parameters like mono/poly and portamento time etc that were separate on DX7 are now part of a patch.

and you have standard 6 op FM. except it's multi timmbral, although without dynamic voice allocation. so u can have 8 parts with 2-voice poly, or anything in between.

each Part can have transposition, poly, volume, midi ch and output selection, so its easy to make layered dx voices..

also, it sounds better thanks to updated 16-bit DAC, instead of original DX7 12-bit..

if you cant find dxpatches online i can email them to you..

Archived