The red LCD on the Virus C.

rpieket

• Members

I'm thinking of getting a Virus again. I once owned a Virus A, many years ago, before it was called "A". I was just playing with a Virus C at GC, and remembered how much I love that sound.

In any case, the only problem is the red LCD. I really don't link that. It may be cool and stylish, it is a little hard on my (old) eyes.

Has anyone attempted to change the Virus C LCD color? Is it just a matter of ripping out a piece of red colored foil, or is the light source itself red?

-Ron.

• Members

Ron,

in the highly unlikely event that the 3D Anaglyph method does not work for you, the alternative is to swap the LCD module with one of your liking. Such LCDs are standard parts in 99.99% of boxes, can usually be changed very easily and cost somewhere around 20-30 euros.

DJ

--

• Members

i've seen at least one virusC converted into a tt indigo. If i remember right the blue display he used wasn't a complete match (little smaller then the red one) but it didnt' seem to move much and looked great. If i remeber right he said he had more problems getting the blue leds to work right then getting the display to.

Archived